14.

A/N: HARRY WON A GRAMMY TODAY. A moment to appreciate his beautiful existence.

https://media1

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/nNMBPmmz4mL3of6RL8LwdD0MKVs/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2021/03/14/130/n/44498184/b80b9d8cb0421f37_giphy_2_/i/harry-styles-at-grammys-in-2021-gifs.gif

How is he real? My God.
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that Harry Styles and people like my ex boyfriend are the same species...

Anywho.
Happy update my loves! What a good day today is xx
--

There was something sickly disturbing about laughter that followed right after the sound of gun going off. It sent a shiver down my spine and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. It made me question (and silently hope) that this all may just be a practical joke that Johnny was playing on me because he was bored, though the look on Harry's face made me think otherwise. Harry and I stood in silence, his eyes boring into my bedroom door as if it would be kicked down any moment. He wore a look of such intensity, it made my insides turn with fear.

I suddenly wished deep down this was all like when Johnny had just turned thirteen and had decided he wanted to learn how to properly shoot. He had made his own makeshift target, shooting as I watched on and begged for a turn. He eventually had his gun privileges revoked because he had missed the target by a mere inch and ended up shooting a bird by accident. He called it a win in his books, our mother had called him a Sociopath. My ears had rung for days after that.

Given that, I wasn't a stranger to the sound of a gunshot, nor was I usually this afraid of them, though the way Harry was acting was making the foreign feeling of utter panic coarse though my body.

Harry's gaze tore between my bedroom window and my bedroom door, looking very much like the hyperactive dog I often found myself comparing him too, though I couldn't find it within myself to utter the witty remark. Instead, I stared at him, watching as his hand tightened over his phone, his knuckles turning white. His fingers danced across his keyboard, the white glow of his phone lighting up his face in a way that showcased every crease and worry line sketched onto his face. I decided I didn't like it. I didn't like how his face was a mixture of frustration and panic. I suddenly felt trapped within the room, and I took a step back from him.

"I need to make sure my brothers are alright," I whispered to him, glancing around the darkened room furiously.

I need a weapon if I wanted to go investigate what the hell was happening, because Harry sure as hell wasn't going to escort me out there anytime soon. If my father taught me anything, it was not too think you were invincible. Everyone needed a weapon. You couldn't go into the unknown blindsided.

"You're not leaving this room unless it's out that window," Harry growled lowly, his hand reaching out to lock around my wrist as if I was about to flee from him already. He took a step forward, crowding me into the wall. Trapping me like an animal. "I'm waiting for confirmation that the coast is clear, until then, you stay here."