(chapter three[now])

[once again, TW in this chapter, Self Harm. ~Rosemary]

kenma's pov;

I fucking hate school. It's a waste of my time, I could be doing so many more important things than learning math that is useless unless you plan to be a nuclear physicist.

Who are you kidding Kenma, you have nothing to do ever. shut up and pay attention.

yeah, that's how I speak to myself, what about it? it's not like anyone else is going to say anything. My thoughts are interrupted by a girl who I had never seen before walking towards me. She kept tugging at the hem of her skirt, as if it was too small. She was even wearing leggings underneath it, unlike the other girls, she doesn't seem to pounce on the opportunity to show any skin at all.

I wonder what's under those leggings,

Shut. Up. Get yourself together and mind your own business Kenma. Why was she walking towards me? She was beautiful, and she was walking towards me. Holy shit. Holy shit she was going to sit next to me. Fuck. She was sitting, she was sitting in the empty seat next to me. I caught a whiff of her perfume. Or shampoo. Something. It was something, and it smelled of strawberries. And cigarettes. God, she was perfect. The way her nose had this perfectly-imperfect bump in the bridge. But it was her eyes that caught my attention. They looked like they were hiding something, some deep trauma that no one has been told. But God, they were mesmerizing.

"Hey, I'm L/n, isn't it a lovely thing to be late on your first day?" She said, in a blatantly sarcastic tone. Her voice was like honey, smooth, and rich. I felt heat rush to my face, and I looked down, to hide it.

"Y-yeah, I suppose." It was the only response I could conjure up. And it was an idiotic one too. I want to get to know her. For her to confide all of her troubles to me. I want her to trust me. I want to hold her, and tell her that everything was going to be alright. I wanted to love her.

"What's your given name L/n? I'm Kenma Kozume." I said with a smile. She looked flustered at first, maybe she feels the way that I do. She shakes her head and her face goes back to the default smile. 

she's afraid of being vulnerable, isn't she?

"It's Y/n! I think you and I are going to be good friends." She said as she reached out her hand. I shook it firmly, and I noticed her sleeve was slightly riding up. Cuts. Goddammit, there were cuts. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to help her get better. I wanted her to be mine, and only mine. Forever. I reached out with my other hand, and pulled her sleeve back down. I looked her in the eyes, giving her a knowing smile. She looked mortified as she pulled away and looked down. Fuck. I had messed up hadn't I. I had one chance to become close with someone, and I screwed it over.

"T-thank you. Kozume." It was barely a whisper, but it was something. I hadn't fucked it up. Thank god.