(chapter nine)

{MAJOR TW!! : abuse, self-harming actions, and PTSD warning}

[Y/n's POV]

Maybe im projecting, but he's definitely flirting, right?

I mean, my end of the bet is to kiss him if I can't fucking annoy him. Totally flirting. How the hell do you annoy someone anyways? do I just act stupid all day? No, he would probably find that hilarious anyway. Silent treatment? wait, holy shit that might just work. I'll just ignore him for the day, and then boom, free lunch. What if he tries to talk to me though. I could just walk away, but I feel bad just thinking about it. I suppose that's what I'll have to do. What have I gotten myself into,

"Y/n! are you listening? I've been talking for the past five minutes and you're just staring out the window. How are you feeling?" My inner monologue was quite rudely interrupted by my mother.

"Yeah, sorry mom. Im really tired." I faked a yawn, and looked over at her. She was looking out onto the street, chewing her lip, clearly not believing my lie. Her grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"Alright sweety, just try to get more sleep, okay?" She said, her voice was quiet, and her eyes pleaded for me to just talk to her.

"I will," she pulled into the school parking lot, and winced as her brakes let out an ungodly noise. "well, looks like I better go, I'll see you when you get home mom."

I grabbed my bag and opened the door, about to step out when my mother grabbed my arm. A sharp pain shot up my wrist, I recoiled slightly, hoping she didn't notice.

"I'm working late tonight Y/n, rents due this week. order some pizza and save me the leftovers, kay?"

"Sure thing mom, bye."

I stood, shut the car door behind me, and started walking towards the building. I could still feel my mother's eyes staring holes into the back of my head, but I kept moving forward.

Upon walking into first-period I noticed that  Kenma wasn't even here yet, and I let out a small sigh of relief. instead of sitting in our usual spot, I sat three rows ahead, next to some kid named Yamamoto, who had what looked like a botched mowahk. On anyone else, it would look stupid as hell, but it seemed to fit his personality. He didn't even give me a second glance. All of the surrounding seats were taken as well, so this whole silent treatment thing is going a lot easier than I expected.

Then, as if I had jinxed myself,  Kozume came strolling into the room and we immediately made eye contact. I muttered a swear as I shot my head down, and pulled out my phone, pretending to scroll through some sort of social media. 

"Hey, Y/n, why are you sittin' over here?" he was standing in front of my desk, hands in his pockets, head tilted to the side. I didn't even acknowledge him, just kept looking at my phone.

"Y/n? Hey, dude, what's up?" Now he's bent over leaning both elbows onto my desk, staring at me. I scooted as far back as I could in the chair.

"Y/n, what the fuck, talk to me." He snapped his fingers next to my ear, like he thought I was in a trance.

"Hellooo, Y/n? You in there-"

"If she doesn't want to talk to you man, leave her the hell alone." Kenma was cut off by Yamamoto, who was glaring at him. Everyone else had turned in their seats or had looked in our direction, murmuring. "She clearly wants some space Kozume, let her have it."

Kenma looked at the floor. Flustered, he shuffled away and sat in his chair. I turned to Yamamoto, and nodded a quick thank you. He nodded back, then pulled out his phone.