(chapter 8[now])

kenmas pov~

I woke up at four in the morning. once again. I havent been sleeping very well- I mean, I never really sleep, but that's not important. most of the time I just toss and turn at night, the same usual thoughts gnawing at my conscious;
you'll never be good enough.
what's the point of trying?
who even cares?
and.. etcetera.
but last night it was different. thoughts of Y/n slipped in between the ones that were negative, and pushed them away. it got to the point were the only thing on my mind was her. shes taking over my head like it's the easiest thing on the planet. the thing is , it's only been a week since I first met her, so why is this happening?

now its six am. and my mind continues to wander.

I have to get up in less than half an hour anyway, so I might as well just get a headstart on the day. in the past week y/n and I have spent as much time as we could together, from skipping class and going behind the gymnasium, to sneaking out of our house's in the dead of night just to go smoke weed.
I stood, and planted my feet on the ground. the cold hardwood floor sent a chill up my spine. the heating in the house never worked, and neither did the air conditioning. so it was always an uncomfortable temperature in here.

I checked my phone, and, of course, there was a message from her.

heyy :))
cant sleep, so I figured I would bother you

she had only sent it about 15 minutes ago, so there's definitely time to respond.

hey :)
dont worry , I also cannot sleep atm , and , you're never a bother , y/n . ;)

wow, that sure is bold of you to say kenma . I'm sure I could bother you at SOME point .

is that a challenge ?

well, that's not what I intended .
but I'm always down for a good bet

oh yeah ?
what shall we put on the table then , y/n ?

well, definitely not money-
we both know that isnt an option.

mhm .
howabout a kiss ?

i-
what-

dont play stupid .
you know what I said .

mhm,,,

if you manage to annoy me , and win , then I'll get you lunch .
but ,,,
if you cant annoy me , and I win , you owe me a kiss .

...

deal ?

sure...

good . then it's a deal .
;)

I hate you kenma.

no you dont .

well, I guess this could either go horribly wrong, or potentially right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI IM BACK !!! sorry I like died for a few months- but more updates are soon to come !!