(chapter 7{then})

"Come on, hurry up!" Akata shouted, grabbing ahold of my hand and running towards the hill behind his house. A goofy grin never leaving his face. My legs ached, and I was out of breath by the time we made it to the top, giggling, but it was worth it. God, it was so worth it. At the peak of the hill, there was an old radio, and a tape with the words 'My Lovely <3' scrawled in Akata's messy handwriting.

"What is this?" I asked, holding the cassette tape up, with such care you'd think that it was worth millions.

"Do you remember when we were watching that one romantic movie together at your house, and you were just hysterically crying because you said you wanted what they have?" he asked.

"Oh god don't remind me," I groaned putting my head between my hands my smile never fading.

I watched as he gently took the cassette out of my hands and put it into the radio.

"M'lady, would you care for a dance under the moonlight?" he asked while bowing down, and raising his hand for me to take.

"Why I think I would good sir." I said, giggling.

Intertwining his right hand with mine, and his left on my waist, we began to ballroom dance- or atleast our shitty rendition of it. "I have to warn you I don't know what I'm doing. I've only seen this type of stuff from the movies you made us watch." he laughed, pulling me in closer.

In these moments of us just dancing I was the happiest I had been. There were no worries about my family or money or grades. It was just us, dancing horribly. Our grins matched a six-year-old on Christmas when they see presents under the tree.

"The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?" Said Akata, glancing up at the evening sky. The pale moonlight bathed us in an eerie glow, so enchanting that all i could do was nod in agreement.

"You know, when you said to dress up for the occasion I didn't think you meant this" I spoke looking into his eyes. They were glistening with so much joy it should be illegal.

"Well, you do look beautiful. You could be homeless and you'd still be able to take my breath away," he whispered, moving his head to where his lips were so very close to mine, that even the slightest movement of our heads would connect our them. "Can I kiss you?" he muttered, his breath sending goosebumps to my skin, and chills down my spine, I nodded. "I am not going to kiss you until I hear a yes," he stated. "Now, can I kiss you?"

"yes."

He didn't waste a second before interlocking our lips together. Lips synchronizing in such a movement you'd think we'd have done this a million times before. It was perfect, exactly how it should've been. We were both deeply and utterly in love with one another that nothing existed in this moment, we were both on cloud nine.

Yes, the moon was beautiful, but it just got even better. Now every time I look at the moon, I think back to him.

~

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! omg I loved writing this chapter tbh, AND DONT WORRY, it WILL. HAVE. CONTEXT. lol don't forget to vote and comment!!! :))

~Rosemary :p