(chapter four[now])

{TW for this chapter!! Self-harm and smoking! -Rosemary}

(Y/n's POV)

Fuck. He knew, he knew and he was going to tell someone, isn't he? I was shaking. He lifted his head, and we locked eyes. I felt him reach up and pull down my sleeve, and he smiled. The smile looked warm and welcoming, but it still scared the shit out of me. I quickly withdrew my hand from his, and looked down. I was still shaking, and I could feel a cold sweat starting on the back of my neck.

"T-thankyou." It was all I could manage to say without my voice cracking, I felt the hot sting of bile in the back of my throat, and I swallowed hard. 

Note to self, do it on your legs next time.

For the rest of the class, we sat in mutual silence, waiting for the bell to ring. I don't actually remember anything the teacher said, just that we had a test on Friday, and I was welcomed in this school. Bullshit. 

I was overthinking the whole time, about what I was going to do about Kenma. Maybe I could just lie? Tell him that my cat scratched me, or that I had an accident while washing the dishes. Oh, who am I kidding? I couldn't tell a lie to save my life. I could just pretend that nothing happened, act clueless. 

'What are you talking about Kozume-kun?' I'll say, with a stupid look on my face. Yeah! Yeah it will be okay! My panic was interrupted by the shrill ring of the bell. I think I have a study block next, which will be so fun.

I got up and gathered my stuff, purposely going at a slower pace, so I didn't get bombarded by the hoard of teenagers. Kenma was standing by the door, probably waiting for me. Yay. I started walking towards him, dragging my feet as I did.

"Hey, L/n, about what I saw, I want to help. because I know what its like- well- of course I don't know exactly what its like- fuck." He looked at me, and I could tell he was being sincere. He was fidgeting with his sleeves, and his hands looked strong, and calloused. 

He's kinda cute, I wonder what his hands would look like holding mine.

No. Nope. Not happening, I'm not going to do this again.

"Listen I... I want you to be okay, I know that we like literally just met an hour ago, but if we are going to be friends, I want you to know I care. So, Y/n- can I call you that? Uh, listen, just- look," He pulled up his sleeve, revealing a long thin scar, running up his arm. 

"I know that it can be hard, and that it may just seem fucking hopeless at points, but it's alright. And you need someone there for you, just- here," He shot out his hand and slipped a small note into it. 

"It's my number, just incase, okay?"

"Yeah, t-thank you Kozume-kun"

"Oh please! Call me Kenma, I- I mean, o-only if you want to."

"Y-yeah, sure Kenma." I smiled meakly at him, and looked down at the paper he shoved into my palm. All it has was his number, and a single sentence,

'Incase you ever need an emergency contact. :)'

"So, Y/n, what do you have next?"

"Study hall, what about you?"

"Dude I have study hall to! wanna skip? I know a spot behind the school that we can smoke at."

"How do you know I smoke?" I said with a teasing smirk.

"Because last time I checked, they don't sell cigarette scented perfume." He said this with a chuckle, and lightly punched me in the arm.

"Touché."

That was when I knew, I was going to fall in love with this boy.