58

Chapter 58-Entertainment Circle (20)
A few days later, news broke out that both the Gao Studios and Gao conglomerate had filed for bankruptcy. During that time, Gu Anran’s injuries had finally finished healing and she returned back to work.

“Anran, the Gao family have officially gone bankrupt.” Hong Qingyi informed Gu Anran during a filming break.

“En, give me a summary of it. I’ll peruse the details later.” Gu Anran pushed aside the piles of reports that Hong Qingyi set in front of her and drank a sip of water while Mu Qingli helped wipe the sweat off her face.

“After the Gao family filed for bankruptcy, their heinous crimes of bribery and smuggling were also exposed. Gao Zongxian was then promptly abandoned by the Gao family and then arrested and imprisoned. The Gao family had collapsed from within but the powerful members of the family escaped before the loan sharks could get to them. They have all fled overseas with the last of the Gao family’s dwindling fortune and Gao Wenjian was supposed to go with them but then he was accused of sexual assault, blackmail, etc. Customs caught him before he could escape and sent him back. He is now awaiting trial.”

“Have him released and let the people from the casino deal with him. If he dares to escape, don’t bother with the niceties. Do what you have to, but make sure he doesn’t die.” Gu Anran said lightly.

“Ok. I’ll pass on your orders.” Hong Qingyi nodded and then walked out of the filming site.

The next scene was started and looking at the artists present, most of them were new faces. Those actresses and actors who had bullied Mu Qingli have all been fired. Some of them were bold enough to ask for compensation but when Gu Anran ordered someone to show them the incriminating video footage, they were in a desperate enough state to leave as soon as possible.

With Duan Hongwu and Song Wenyan becoming a couple and the two villain leads out of the picture, the only main mission left to complete was to capture the female lead and female supporting lead’s hearts. But there was no hurry to finish as they wanted to stay with their respective targets for a lifetime in this world. Since they were staying this time, they should have a lot of time to slowly cultivate their feelings and build up a proper relationship, right?

Almost a year later, the filming came to an end. Because of the hiatus, they had increased the amount of work with over 5 different shooting locations and filming more than ten scenes a day. Finally, they could rest….

Gu Anran laid lazily on the bed, reaching out a hand to grab Mu Qingli who was walking by. She pulled Mu Qingli into her arms and rubbed her cheeks against the back of Mu Qingli’s neck. Wuoooo, still smells so sweet~

“What’s up?” Having long been accustomed to Gu Anran cuddling and random hugs, Mu Qingli patted Gu Anran’s head gently. (Ah…Anran…you’re being regarded as a child and have lost all your previous image by now←←)

“Nothing.” Gu Anran said blankly and then cuddled against Mu Qingli some more before letting her go.

“There’s a party today, right? To celebrate the completion of the film? Do we need to do anything?”

“No, Director Li told us to relax. He said that since it is a private party, you don’t need to wear anything formal and that everyone should have fun.” Mu Qingli picked up a comb that sat on the bedside table and then began combing Gu Anran’s somewhat messy bed hair.

“Well, I think Qingli you will be the one receiving the most toasts today! After all, in terms of fame, you are the one who has changed the most!” Gu Anran smiled.

Using this one film, Mu Qingli had become immensely popular with her follower count breaking into the tens of millions. Although some were temporary fans, with Gu family’s financial resources and status in the entertainment industry, it would be impossible for Mu Qingli to fall from her current high pedestal. Mother Gu and Father Gu would not allow that to happen, let alone Gu Anran.