113

Chapter 113- Back to the real world (3)

Knock, knock, knock!

A series of knocks sounded at the door, waking up the occupants inside the dorm. Gu Anran rubbed her red and sore eyes while glancing at the clock to see that it was only....seven o'clock. Yesterday she had played games till five in the morning, so she had only slept for a total of two hours. The sleep deprivation made her very irritable and although she wanted to simply wait for the knocking to disappear, the person outside didn't seem to get the memo and continued. It was as if they were trying to play a game of patience with the occupants of the dorm

"Ah...so fu*king annoying!" Hong Qingyi scratched her head in annoyance and stood up with a head full of messy hair. She walked over and yanked open the door with a frustrated expression on her face. She yelled loudly,

"Who is it?! Disturbing my sleep...."

"Good morning...." Chi Mengyan's iceberg face appeared on the other side of the door. She stopped talking when she saw that Hong Qingyi had answered the door in her pajamas. The shirt was rolled slightly upwards, revealing a smooth stomach and a bit of her underwear. If one's gaze wanders down just a little bit more...hisss.....ah, she was drooling. If they weren't at the doorway of a public dormitory, Chi Mengyan would have pounced already!

"Mengyan, what are you doing?" A voice sounded behind her that broke Chi Mengyan out of her daze and simultaneously Hong Qingyi reacted too. She looked at Chi Mengyan standing in front of her, then down at her clothes, then back at Chi Mengyan again. Then she noticed the group of people behind Chi Mengyan and she fell silent.

"Wuahhhhhhh!" She screamed and quickly slammed the door, not bothering to see if she had hit Chi Mengyan in the face or not, and then jumped underneath her covers.

"Qingyi...what is wrong with you?" Gu Anran was once again awakened due to Hong Qingyi's scream and she looked suspiciously at the small mountain on the bed next to her.

"Chi Mengyan was outside just now...." Hong Qingyi murmured softly,her voice muffled underneath the blankets.

"...Ah." Gu Anran finally understood after a while. The two of them are used to sleeping in very little clothing and so if Hong Qingyi had opened the door in her pajamas....it must have been a sight.

"What does she want? Is the the only one here?"

"No...all four are here....who knows what they want..." Hong Qingyi's tone was full of resentment, and then the knocks started again.

"Alright, alright, it's about time to get up anyways. The school's opening ceremony will start soon."

"It's not like anything's going to happen if you don't go...and..." Hong Qingyi rolled over and then looked pointedly at the door.

"Uh....I see...but I'm feeling hungry, so I'm going to fill my stomach with some instant noodles first." Gu Anran rubbed her stomach as she licked her lips.

University A has many different fields of study and no strict rules on how one should take their classes. As long as you can get good grades on the tests, the school will not force you to go to class.

Gu Anran chose the type of engineering she specializes in, perhaps she was even better than her professors with how good her skills are, and Hong Qingyi chose to study in the Department of Finance and Economics. With a now photographic memory, theories and definitions were easy to memorize, so there was no need to put much effort in. So it was inevitable that the two would choose to ditch classes and relax around all day instead.

After putting on a proper shirt, she went into the kitchen and heated up some water. As she waited for the water to boil while yawning, she wandered into the bathroom to wash up.