ch8 jealousy

authors pov

11:30 PM PARIS, FRANCE

"okay class. right now, is a free period. so you can obviously chat with your friends but if you want you can talk about the project with your partner," says caline. "but whatever you want to do with this time, use it wisely," she says, leaving the classroom.

adrien stands up from his seat from next to nino and went over to y/n and nathaniel.

"hey babe," alya says, reaching over and taping on nino's shoulder. he nods, showing he is listening. "what's adrien doing?"

"i think he's going to talk to y/n about the project. that's what he said to me anyway. why? is everything okay?" alya nods and goes back into her seat.

"see girl. nothing to worry about. they're just talking about the project," she says, putting her hand on the marinette's shoulder.

"but they seem to close. and he's blushing," marinette points out. alya pushes her glasses up and sighs.

"girl. chill out," alya says. "it could be just because he's hot or something. it might not be because of her," marinette huffs in her seat, still glancing back at y/n and adrien.

"so, i think i've got a bit better at drawing," adrien says, getting a sheet of paper from his bag. he passes it to y/n and she inspects it. it is a quick sketch of herself.

"why are you stalking me?"

"i'm not!"

"says the boy who drew a picture of me," y/n says, showing nathaniel the picture.

"this doesn't look bad, adrien," nathaniel says. "when did you draw this?"

"this morning before school,"

"i must be a great teacher then," y/n says. "is that it or do you need anything else?"

"i had some ideas of the color scheme of the project, actually," adrien says, scratching his cheek.

"oh. look at you agreste," y/n smirks. "okay so what you got?"

"okay, so, i thought we could make the background black behind your drawing of the eiffel tower and then add different colors or...why are you looking at me like that?"

"i'm just impressed, i guess. you can keep talking. lemme just get my ipad from my bag," y/n says.

"see! what did he just give her?" marinette says, glaring at y/n and adrien from behind her. alya sighs and looks behind her.

"girl. they're going a project together. you need to chill," she says. "if you want, i can talk to y/n about the crush you have on adrien,"

"no! i-i mean no. i don't want anyone else but you to know. i don't know here very well and she might tell someone,"

"mari, i don't think y/n is like that. but it's your secret not mine," alya says, going back to her phone.

'i'm not jealous,'