ch21 friends

authors pov

11:35 AM PARIS, FRANCE

"hey, marinette!" adrien says, still from under y/n. y/n gets off him, much to adrien's disappointment. "how can we help you?"

'why is this bitch giving me the stank eye?' y/n thinks, taking her i pad and i pad pencil back into her hands. 'the fuck? i didn't even do anything?'

"i was j-just walking around the park," marinette starts. "and i saw you too. together. so i thought i might say hi,'

"that's really sweet, marinette," adrien forces out. 

'i don't want to be rude but i want to spend time with just y/n. does that make me a bad person?' adrien thinks, his eyebrows furrowed. 'she's getting more relaxed with me and i just want to get to know her better with out interruptions,'

"agreste?" y/n asks him. "you good?" a [favourite flavour]lollipop is hanging out of her mouth, ever so slightly. he nods, making y/n nod. "hey, du-pain cheng? you said hi already and me ad agreste still need to work on the project. so if you don't need something else, could you let us focus?"

adrien's eyes go wide at y/n's comment, but then realise how blunt she's always been to people she's not close with. 

"just give me a second, please, y/n," marinette says, quickly. marinette turns to adrien. "a-adrien?"

"yes, marinette?"

'could this go any fucking slower?' y/n thinks, drawing [favourite flower] on her i pad. 'i don't need to listen to the bullshit,'

"d-do you want to hang out some time?" marinette asks. "like on a d-date with me?"

"marinette...i'm sorry," adrien says, rubbing the back of his neck. "i'm interested in someone and i was going to ask them out some time soon. i only see you as a friend..."[marinette? she's just a friend-*gunshot*]

"o-oh," marinette stutters. "okay. that fine, adrien. i'll see you guys later," marinette waves as she walkes off. 

"that was kinda harsh, agreste," y/n says as she watches marinette walk away. 

'i need to talk to her,' y/n thinks. 'she's ladybug and if she gets akumatised we won't have a proper way to defeat the akuma.  but everyone's allowed emotions...fuck! this is so annoying! maybe, wayzz will help me think of something,'

"i didn't want to be mean," he sulks. y/n pats his back, awkwardly. 

"it's better to just say the truth, sometimes. if you tell a lie, it'll just hurt the person more," y/n says. adrien smiles at her. 

"you're really good at giving advice you know," he says, taking the i pad pen from her hands. he feel his cheeks go warm at the contact. y/n chuckles, dusting off her shirt dramatically. 

"i try my best, agreste," she says. "don't ruin that bit of my flower," she scolds him as adrien adds details onto the flower. "actually...that doesn't even look that bad...good job, agreste. i think you've finally learnt something about art,"

"i'm good at art!"

"yeah...and plagg hates camembert,"

"i can hear you two, you know!" plagg whisper shouts from adrien's white blazer. "but she's right. adrien,"

"how can you take her side?"

"why can't he take my side?" y/n says, sticking her tongue out. adrien chuckles, looking at y/n laugh. a smile still on his face. 

'that's another reason why i've fallen for you...'