28. don't fuck it up

"How was he?" Al asked and moved in front of me, so he could face me," I hope he wasn't bothering you in any way."

I stopped watching the departing Mads and shifted my gaze to Al's eyes. He looked at me suspiciously.

"No, you don't have to worry. We were just talking." I answered him, forcing myself to make a nice smile on my lips.

"Lucky for you." when he said that, he looked threatening. His lips were drawn into a thin line. In a second, he smiled broadly, showing his hollywood teeth.

I was confused. He changed expressions like a chameleon. I never know what to expect from him.

                 *                    *                   *

" U-gh," I jerked out of my sleep, all sweaty.

I put my hand on my forehead and stared at the ceiling. I wondered why my sleep was so restless. It could be because I was alone in bed again. It almost felt like I was Al's adopted child, not a lover, or whatever I should call our 'relationship'.

My eyes narrowed as I looked out the window through which the first rays of the sun radiated. My eyes always suffer so much right after waking up in a bright room, ouch.

The yesterday's dinner, or more like a party since we didn't really eat much, went well. We talked with Francis, he is such a fun guy, truly committed to his work. He talked to Al about the script and he also asked us how we met. Al told him the truth, he seemed surprised but he understood.

Then Al introduced me to couple more people, ignoring Diane. I was glad. After the intense and remarkable encounter with Mads, I had no strength left to defend myself or to listen to silly allusions to my age or appearance.

When we got home yesterday, Meital was waiting for Al in the living room. So he just said good night to me and joined her in there. Yeah it got me upset, but what could I do.

He also promised me earlier on the party, that he would take me to some posh agency today, I hope it'll be worth it.

I took my phone and checked the time. It was 7 am. I couldn't help but the first thing that popped into my head was Mads. I opened the browser and typed Mads Mikkelsen into the search.

Immediately, photos of his perfectly symmetrical face pop up on me

Wife: Hanne Jacobsen (m.2000)

Are you kidding me?

He's got a wife. He's been married for 20 years! I don't believe he's faithful to her the whole time. He can't be! I mean look at him.

And also, he's 50?! (I adjusted it a bit.)

I thought he was in his early forties!

Oh, he has two kids. I'm not surprised.

I just went through the photos on google and admired his masculine face. It was definitely great seeing him and getting to know him. I've never seen a man like that.

But it doesn't matter now. I gotta get up and get ready for today.

I sat on my bed and drank some of the water that was placed next to my bed. I let out a silent yawn and got up. I picked my clothes for today, which was just a basic blue wash mom jeans and a black cropped tanktop. I let my hair loose and only brushed it. I also put on my fake golden hoop earrings. I wish I could get ones from actual gold but I'm a broke ass bitch.
I also did my usual natural makeup.

I went downstairs and waited for Al in the living room. I sat on a couch and hoped no one's gonna come and interrupt me.

After a half of an hour Al finally came. He was all dressed up, ready to go. He told me more about the agency and clarified what I was supposed to do there.

" C'mon pussycat. It's your big day today." he said, standing in the main door.

Yeah, he's right. Don't fuck it up, Sofia.

——————————————————————

Hey guys, today its a bit boring but I promise the next chapter's gonna be really interesting and exciting! Stay tuned and leave a comment if you like.

Hope you all are safe and enjoying my story,  thanks for all the support I appreciate it! ❤️