Captain and Stoner: Remember Me

A/n: Mkay, I know that the story starts with Player's POV but just go with it, okie?

~

Player's POV:

I was on a plane.

No...

Not a plane...

A shape ship.

And we were headed right towards an asteroid belt. The alarms blasted through my head and the walls were washed with the red lights every couple of seconds. We were for sure going to hit the asteroids. The robotic voice counted down our doom.

Collision in T-minus 60...

59...

58...

57...

56...

I was running around the halls, desperately searching for my friends to save them.

50...

I felt tears run up to my eyes. I knew that one of us wasn't going to make it out this time. Someone still had to remain behind to eject the rest of the crew, and I knew for a fact that that person was going to be either me or Captain. I eventually found the crew huddled in Medbay, all together and trying to comfort each other. As soon as I showed myself to them while I leaned against the door frame with my highly distressed and tear-stained face, they knew something was up.

"We need to go. Now." I told them as frantically as I could. They understood immediately and raced toward Storage. Captain looked from me to the ejection room, then back to me again. Then, with sorrow in his eyes, "You guys go. I'll stay behind to eject the rest of you." He announces.

We all froze.

"WHAT?! NO!! You are COMING with us, Captain. Whether you like it, or not." Stoner shouted back. Stoner and Captain had grown very close these past few weeks, so if Captain was to remain behind, then it would be especially hard on Stoner. Captain hung his head in shame.

"I'm sorry, Stoner... But what was it you always said? A good Captain always goes down with his ship." He said, tears visible in his eyes. Stoner covered his mouth with his hands and started weeping. Then, he threw himself onto Captain, hugging him like it's the last time he'll ever see him. [A/n: Technically it is, but for the sake of the words, it's staying.]

If watching them try to say goodbye was hard enough, then trying to convince them that it should be me was going to be near impossible. I touched their shoulders.

"You guys go. I'll stay behind and eject you guys." I instruct.

32...

31...

30...

"Player, we CAN'T! I can't...." Veteran yells at me. He had tears visible in his eyes and his voice was shaking. I touch his shoulder, trying to comfort him. Stoner's sobs were echoing through the corridors, Captain still trying to calm him down by promising he'd see him again soon. The red lights flash across Veteran's face, highlighting the tears that were pouring down his face.

"I know, Veteran. But it must be done." I touched his cheek and wiped his tears away. "I'll see you again, very soon"

That's when Captain insists again that it should be him. "I was appointed to be captain of this ship. I was supposed to be responsible for all of you, but I failed...."

I was surprised by his sudden bravery. "Captain, no... We can't lose you. You're the only one who knows how to drive the backup ship back to MIRAHQ. Without you, we may as well all die." I explain to him. He sighs and looks down again.