Veteran and Captain: Dancing In The Rain

A/n: Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... This is my second try at this story since the last one more or less ended up in the bin... Oopsie.

In MY opinion, this one is quite cute, so be warned~

Requested by: lxmon_

~

Captain's POV:

The last time I checked, I was the innocent, sweet, kind, and caring captain of this ship.

Not today though.

Look, no one can be happy all the time. It's not possible. But one thing I wish I could have done differently is how I dealt with my crappy attitude today.

Unfortunately, I didn't handle it properly, and was acting really rude and mean to all of the crew today.

I think being cooped up indoors all the time is driving me crazy.

And nothing gives a better example than what I'm doing right now.

"JUST- JUST GO!" I yelled at Mr Cheese. He huffed, but didn't protest and stormed out of Greenhouse. On his way out, he grabbed Gentleman and dragged him behind him. Gentleman made a helpless face at me but followed the angry orange crewmate anyway.

As soon as they were gone, I let out a disappointed sigh and dragged my feet out of the room.

I sighed again, slouching my shoulders as I walked into Cafeteria. The sunlight reflecting off of the glass doors that led to the balcony caught my attention, and I pace over to the balcony.

I could use some fresh air.

Bursting out of the building and onto the balcony, I felt the wind swirl my hair around as I took in a breath of fresh air. I let the air fill my lungs and smiled.

Nice.

"Captain?" I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and was greeted with Veteran, smiling gently.

Surprisingly, I didn't make any threatening gestures towards him.

I just returned his smile and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the edge of the balcony. "Hello, Veteran. Nice day, is it not?"

He looked at me weirdly for a second before saying, "Dude, it's supposed to rain today."

I made a pouty noise. "Aw come on! Really? I just wanted to have a nice day!"

He shrugged. "Yeah, well...." He looked at me carefully like I was a delicate piece of glass. "....so did I."

I turned back to the sky, which had no indications of any kind of rain. It didn't even have a cloud in sight! So why was it gonna rain?! I'm treating it like it's a bad thing when it isn't. I used to LOVE rain! So why am I hating on it now?

Veteran disturbed my thoughts again. "Do you like rain?"

I rested my head in my hands and my elbows were on the railing. "Of course. Do you?"

He looked back at the horizon line. "Sure, I guess,"

We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before I broke it again. "Just out of curiosity, have you ever been in an intimate relationship?"

He was naturally caught off guard by my question and took a moment to answer. "I- Uh- I-" He paused, collecting his thoughts. "I- No, I-I haven't ever been in a relationship like that." His eyes narrowed, threateningly. "Why."