Player and Veteran: Sweet Dreams

A/n: Boo. Miss meh? Probably not, but whatever. Anyway, I quite like dis, so thank you for da request!

Requested by: mgmendez2305

~

Player's POV:

Tonight was another night on the Skeld.

Or is it?

Just because everyone else was having a good, normal day/night doesn't mean everyone is.

And I certainly had a very long day today.

For some reason, I'm really tired all the time these past few days. Veteran says I should sleep before I lose my mind. Which is accurate, since that HAS happened before, where I was so sleep deprived that I completely lost it and went mad.

Not a day I'd like to remember.

I stared out over the MIRAHQ balcony to the starry horizon line and lean my head in my hands, and I closed my eyes a little, momentarily drifting off.

"Player?" A familiar voice echoes from behind me. My head shot up from where it rested in my hands and spun around, my eyes landing on the figure of Veteran. As soon as he saw my face he looks concerned. "...Player, you haven't been able to sleep, have you?"

I hung my head in shame and nod slowly. "No..."

Veteran sighs and paces over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You know this doesn't end well."

"Yeah..."

"So why are you still awake?" He asks me curiously but sternly.

"I... I don't know!" I said that a little ruder than I wanted. I realized my mistake and flung my head up, meeting my eyes with the amber orbs belonging to Veteran. "S-sorry, that was rude."

Veteran doesn't seem at all taken back by my rude remark and instead pulls my body into his arms, hugging me closely.

"Don't apologize. It's my fault, I didn't mean to grill you like that." He says sweetly, holding me closer to himself. A small smile played with my lips and I buried my head into his shoulder.

"It's okay." I dug my head deeper into his shoulder. "I should go to bed though, it's way past 12:00."

He nods and lets go of me, looking at me sweetly. "Yeah. I'll carry you."

I froze, both shocked and flustered. "W-what? No-!"

"No no, I insist. Let me carry you." He then starts to come closer to me, slipping his hand sneakily around my sensitive waist. I flinch, suddenly very self-conscious about myself. Veteran picks me up bridal style and carries me to my room, plopping me down on the bed. This whole time I was blushing like mad, because Veteran, the person who I love more than anything, was TOUCHING ME, and in a very sensitive spot on my body.

After he lays me down carefully on my bed, he sits next to me, creating a small indent in the bed. He places one of his hands on my tummy and rubs it a little. "I hope you don't mind if I stay here."

"N-not at all! Stay as long as you like." I say hastily, touching his hand. "Th-thanks for carrying me, by the way."

He smiles and shrugs. "No problem." He leans his head down and nuzzles his head into my stomach, making me twitch just a tiny bit. My whole waist area was very sensitive so touching me like this would result in something like that. I squeeze his hand harder, while also trying to remain still.

I roll onto my side so my stomach is now facing Veteran. My eyes fluttered shut and I quickly started to slip away to the world of dreams. But before I do, I hear a small but noticeable whisper:

"Sleep tight, my precious little red bean."

* * *

A couple of hours later, I awoke to the soft snoring coming from Veteran while his body was wrapped around mine, one of his legs holding me down. His arms were also wrapped around my waist, and he also had his face right up against my neck, maybe even close enough to kiss me.

I felt a blush creep onto my freckled face and hid my face from him, even though his bright amber eyes were sealed shut. Why am I so touchy-feely about Veteran? I asked myself. For some reason, I smiled and pressed myself closer to Veteran so my back was resting on his chest. Veteran groaned and slid one of his arms onto my body.

I rolled over to look at his face, seeing how adorable he was. Okay, it's official. I love this man. I searched for his hand under the covers and pull it into mine, intertwining our fingers.

Then, before I could do more, I felt that familiar feeling of sleep tug me away.

* * *

This time, I woke up to someone's hand brushing my cheek and breath on my skin. I blink open my eyes and came face-to-face with Veteran, our faces not even an inch apart. I was a little unnerved by how close he was, but I didn't mind. I wanted to lean forward and kiss his cheek, but I didn't want to make it awkward, so I just sat with my huge temptation.

Veteran smirks. "I can tell you want to kiss me, you know." He lifts my chin up. "Who's stopping you? I don't mind."

Now that he had said it was okay, for some reason, that made me want to shy away from him more. The blush on my face was getting more and more noticeable by the second. Veteran seemed to like that.

A lot.

He brushed his thumb over my cheek and looked deep into my eyes. He then pushed some stray hair out of my eyes and leans a little closer to me before stopping, smirking.

He's waiting for me to make the move. I realize.

Before my mind could say otherwise, I quickly plant a kiss on his lips and shy away, trying not to overheat from embarrassment. Veteran smirked more and pulled me towards himself.

"I don't think you know just how much I wanted to kiss you~." He says seductively, pressing our foreheads together. He closes the gap between us and kissed me passionately. I kissed back, of course, and buried my hand into his hair.

I had to pull away first, needing some air. We stared into each other's eyes, losing ourselves in them like a galaxy. I leaned my head on his chest and he wraps his arms around my shape.

"I love you, Player." Veteran says, nuzzling my head. I snuggle deeper into his chest, listening to his steady heart thump behind his chest.

"I love you too, Veteran."

He then scoops me up again, this time, me being less shy and actually letting him do it. I almost fell asleep again, I felt so safe and warm. I felt Veteran kiss my forehead and I finally gave up and slipped back into the land of dreams.

"Sweet dreams, Player."

~

A/n: Noice chapter idea, must admit. Thanks, mgmendez2305. Really enjoyed writing this. I'll try to keep my a/n shorter now because the last 2 or so have been really long.

Update: Requests are back open!! I'll try my best to get to it as quick as I possibly can, and to anyone who's already requested something but hasn't gotten anything yet, I'm working on them, promise. They just take time.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Words: 1238

-ASRC