Player and Veteran: Scrapbook Pages

A/n: Just for clarification, this has NOTHING to do with my other one-shots about this ship.

This isn't really a romance plot, more like a different thing (it's completely safe to read in front of your parents, don't worry, don't worry) but you're just gonna have to read to find out what~ 😈

Be prepared for a lot of POV switched and a lot of time skips.

~

Player's POV:

I slammed my back against the wall, sinking to the ground in a puddle of tears and pain.

Why can't things ever go my way?!

I growled to myself and crumpled another fistful of my pastel-red sweater. As another tear rolled down my cheek, my eyes slowly opened, releasing more tears as they did.

My grip on my sweater loosened and I rolled my fist over, slowly letting go of the tightened grip I had on the fabric. It blossomed out of my hand like a flower in the early morning at the break of dawn.

When my mind registered the fact that the soft red sweater that I was wearing was from the very person I was doing my absolute best at avoiding right now, I ground my teeth together tightly and quickly yanked my arm out of the oversized sleeve. I pulled the sweater off of me, practically tearing it off of my skinny body, and hurled it across the room, not caring in the slightest about where it landed.

I panted for a couple of heartbeats after I threw my sweater before my knees buckled once again and I collapsed to the floor, my legs tucked under me in a messy tangle.

Tears kept streaming down my cheeks at an uncontrollable rate to the point that I was shaking and my breath was hitching.

You had ONE chance to get it right. And you blew it!! Ugh, I'll never get anything right.

A knock on the other side of my room's wall made me jump.

"You okay, sweetie?" Mother said, worry laced in her voice. "Do you want me to come over?"

I sniffed and said back, "S-sure, th-that would be g-great..." A small smile brightened my face ever so slightly.

About ten seconds later, she knocked on the door and I said quickly, "I-it's open!"

The familiar creak of my door was soon followed by the steady thump of footsteps approaching me.

Mother placed a hand on my shoulder and plopped herself down next to my shaking form, looking at me with concern flashing behind her sea-green eyes.

"Player? Please, tell me what's wrong."

I sniffed. "Well... Okay, I'll tell you."

* * *

Mother's POV:

Player told me everything. Anything and everything about what was bothering him.

And I'm glad I got the chance to listen. He seemed genuinely happier, now that he had gotten that off of his chest.

But I can't tell you what he said; he told me to keep it a secret. I can respect that.

He had dried his eyes now and was just looking out his window, staring out at the beautiful stars that sat just outside, waiting for someone to touch them.

"Thanks for that, Mother. That really helped." He said shyly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled softly and gave him a curt nod. "Of course. If you ever need anything at all, I'll be here."