chapter eleven.

Marley's POV:

The next few days were a blur, Wes and I were attached at the hip. I was finally all settled in the new place, completely moved out of my grandparents. Wes had spent every single night with me, to my request. If he weren’t in my bed, my nightmares about Lincoln would start up again. I wasn't willing to go through that, and Wes wasn't about to let that happen. I don't know what I would do without him. It's crazy how important someone can become to you in such a short amount of time.

Tonight the boys had a gig at Hard Rock Cafe in LA. Which was HUGE. I'd never seen any of them so excited before.  Their set started at 7:30, so we headed to the city around 5:30. I loved going to LA. It made me feel like I was back in New York again. I just loved the feeling of a big city; bright lights, no one ever sleeps; always something going on, good places to eat and shop. When we got to the Cafe, we picked a table to sit and the boys headed backstage leaving Dania, Laraine and I. "Good luck babe" I whispered in Wesley's ear as he hugged me. He smiled and pecked my lips, then followed Drew, Keaton, Kenny and Kyle to the stage.  We ordered some food and drinks while we waited for the boys to go up. The band before them was pretty boring, and the guitarist kept messing up. I felt bad for them, but I wanted them to get off the stage already so I could see the boys perform. This was my first time seeing them live. 

Twenty minutes later the announcer came up and everyone applauded for the band as they got off stage. "And now, we have a band here from Huntington Beach, give it up for Emblem3!!" D, Laraine and I all stood up, screaming and clapping. They quickly set up and the familiar tune of Sunset Blvd started to play. This was my favorite song of theirs. It was so catchy, and perfect for this venue since we were in LA. The crowd went wild when they finished up. All five boys were grinning ear to ear. They started up the next song Tequila Sunrise and played a few more. I loved watching them play, you could tell they were in their element and this was what they were all passionate about. After they finished playing their last song, Wes took the mic, "This is actually our last song for the night, it's a new one I just wrote a few nights ago. It's about a very special person who has come into my life recently. It's called My Calling." He looked at me and winked, smiling. He took a seat on a stool, pulling up his guitar. I couldn't believe he had written a song about me. My heart was racing, the butterflies in my stomach going crazy. Dania hit my arm "You're so lucky! I wish Keaton would write a song for me!" We laughed as Laranie reached over and held my hand, squeezing it. We exchanged a smile, then turned back towards the stage. Wes started to sing and looked at my the entire song. "As the world spins round and round, our love keeps time to this sound. This is my calling I tell you.." I couldn't stop smiling. I think I was falling in love with this boy.

Wesley's POV:

I poured my heart and soul out during the last performance. I had written that song for Marley a couple of nights ago after we had gone on a midnight stroll on the beach. I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up for a few hours just writing. I couldn't wait to perform it for her. I kept eye contact with her the entire song, while she just sat there with a smile on that beautiful face of hers. I realized after writing that song that I was without a doubt in love with Marley.

I strummed the last chord and the whole entire place stood up clapping as we exited the stage. Performing live gave me such a rush; it felt so good and right. I knew performing was what I was supposed to do. I headed straight over to Marley who jumped out of her seat and into my arms. "Wes, that was beautiful! Thank you so much, I can't believe you wrote that for me!" She pulled back slightly so we were looking at each other. She stared into my eyes and smiled, "I love you Wesley Stromberg." I couldn't believe my ears. Marley just told me she loved me. My heart was pounding, I've never felt this way about a girl before. "Marley Miles, I love you too." I leaned in and kissed her. After a few seconds, I heard whooping and whistling, we pulled apart to see the boys pumping their fists in the air as they made their way to the table. I looked down at Marley who was blushing and giggling. I pulled her into my chest and squeezed her tightly. Keaton whipped his phone out, "Smile you two!" the flash went off and a few seconds later my phone was buzzing. I pulled it out to see the picture of Marley and I that Keaton had posted on Instagram. Marley peeked at my phone and grinned. "I like it. Hey Keats, send that to me?"