chapter twelve.

Marley's POV:

It was silent as we sat in the waiting room. I could tell the boys were a little nervous even if they didn't want to admit it. It was going to be their turn any minute now, all we had to do was wait. One of the stage workers walked over to us with a clipboard in hand,"Emblem3 you guys are up in a few minutes, follow me." I reached for Wesley's hand, squeezing it as we all stood up and followed the guy backstage. Laraine, Brent, Dania and I stayed back in an area with a large TV that displayed the stage and judges table. I wrapped my arms around Wes' neck, "You're gonna kill it out there, okay? Good luck, I love you!" I kissed his lips softly and pulled away. "Thanks babe, I love you." I quickly hugged all the other boys and they went to wait. They were sitting by a boy with hair that he had clearly straightened. Every time I looked over the kid seemed to be talking. Wes kept shooting me annoyed looks and I couldn't help but laugh. I could tell that Keats and Drew were both annoyed as hell too. Laraine noticed too and laughed. "They need to work on being nice." I giggled. It was finally the annoying guys turn to go and Wes shot his fist in the air and slumped back in his chair. The kid got up on stage and introduced himself as Vincent and began to sing. It was safe to say he was NOT a good singer and the judges seemed to agree; he got four no's. He exited the stage and gave Wes, Keaton and Drew high-fives.

My heart started to pound as the backstage worker called their names. "Emblem3, you're up!" They all looked back at us, and we gave them thumbs up. They headed out and introduced themselves and the song they were going to be singing. LA wasn't super keen on them doing an original, but as soon as they started to sing I could tell his opinion had changed. Simon put his hand up and the music came to a stop. Laraine was gripping my hand, I don't think she was breathing. I leaned over and kissed her cheek, "Laraine they're gonna be just fine!!" She weakly smiled at me, before turning back to the TV. I grabbed Dania's hand and we waited to hear the judges comments.

Wesley's POV:

Four yes'. We got four yes'. WE GOT THROUGH TO BOOTCAMP! I couldn't believe it! Holy shit, we did it! I was tripping balls as we ran off the stage. I ran straight over to Marley who was grinning ear to ear. I picked her up and and twirled her around. "Wesley you did it! I'm so proud of you!" I set her down, keeping my arms around her waist and kissed her. Our kiss was cut short by Drew jumping on top of me, yelling. "WE MADE IT! FUCK YEAH!" Everyone was hugging and saying congrats and stuff. "Celebratory ice cream?" My mom looked around at us as we all nodded eagerly.

I felt like I was on cloud nine. I was legit so pumped that we made it through. The judges all loved our song, and even by the end LA was singing along....LA Reid was singing OUR song. It was so unreal! As we sat at the ice cream parlor, I looked around at everyone. They were all laughing at some lame joke Drew just told. And in that moment I realized how truly lucky I was. I was surrounded by the people I love most; my parents, little bro, my best friend and my girl. I looked down at Marley who was busy chatting with Dania about something. I couldn't believe how incredible this girl was and how lucky I was to call her mine. I have no idea what I did to deserve her, but I'm so damn glad I have her. She's changed my life for the better. As if she knew I was thinking about her, she looked up at me and smiled. She was seriously so god damn beautiful and perfect in every way. I couldn't get enough of her. "What?" She asked blushing. "Nothing, I'm just glad you're mine." I reached my hand up to her face and brushed her cheek, tucking her hair behind her ear. I was so in love with this girl.

Marley's POV:  

"I'm just glad you're mine." My heart skipped a beat. He just called me his. I couldn't believe it. He tucked the hair behind my ear and kept his hand there, holding my face. I stared into those chocolatey brown eyes. "I'm glad I'm yours too, Wesley." I placed my hand on top of his and pulled it down into my lap, intertwining our fingers. I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. I smiled and closed my eyes, tuning out the rest of the world. I wanted this moment to last forever. It was as if only Wes and I existed, just the two of us in our own little world. I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts as Wes shifted in his seat. "You ready to go?" He stood up, pulling me with him and we followed the rest of the family to the car.

Wes and I were laying in bed when my phone started to ring. "Make it staahhpp." I heard Drew groggily say from the other side of the room. Who would be calling me at 2:30 in the morning? I looked at my phone screen and saw it was my grandma. I had a bad feeling wash over me instantly. This couldn't be good if she was calling me in the middle if the night. "Who is it?" Wes whispered. "My grandma...... Hello?" I quietly answerd the phone. All I could hear on the other line was sobbing. "Marley..... It's your parents. They're gone."

--ahhh sorry it's so short and ends in a cliffhanger...! I'll probably update tomorrow too, so you won't have to wait forever (; you guys are all seriously the best readers in the world. All of your comments and votes make me so happyyyyyy!! xoxo