Chapter 49•~ But You Said You Were Different

Assalamualaikum everyone.
Surprise!! This is not an epilogue rather another chapter. As per the plan in my head this should have been an epilogue but when I put the story on paper it seemed to turn out too long for just an epilogue. So I decided to have a chapter instead and then an epilogue. Hope you all enjoy this surprised and quick update. Have a happy read :)

                  Chapter•~49

              But You Said You
                 Were Different

 “And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient…Who, when disaster strikes them, say, ‘Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return.'”

(Quran, 2:155-156)

                        ****

Maybe it’ll all make sense one day, but then again maybe it won’t. And the sooner you start to accept you’re not always in control of how you wish things could be, and that there is a Creator out there mapping out your life perfectly, better than you could ever imagine, life becomes a little easier to breathe with.Just by you learning to let go and putting your trust in the One who will take care of you, even when it feels like nobody else will~ #tawakkul

Hera stared at the screen of her mobile displaying Yama’s message for an elongated time, reading over and over again as if trying to commit those lines into her memory and allowing them to sink in her conscience like a mother cajoling her naughty baby to a deep slumber.

This was the first message from Yama that she received in the last one week. There was no call or texts between them since she left. Deep down somewhere she was expecting a call or at least a text from him, and it did come but after a week. May be he didn’t want to disturb her, she thought but one text…one small text was not too much, she asserted.

Why was she even expecting it from him when she herself didn’t made any attempts to contact him. A discordant yet rationale voice collided with her searing emotions.

"Allah is always seeking you. Every sunset. Every clear blue sky. Every mountain. Each ocean wave. The starry hosts of night. He blankets each new day with the invitation, "I am here"

It is you who loses the battle against yourself. He does not give up on you. You give up on yourself"

She closed the diary and held it to her chest.This diary was one strong reason that made the invisible presence of Sahra around her so powerful that she could almost feel her to be near by. Watching her meander throw life, just like a duck sailing through the waters, paddling her feet furiously beneath but looking calm and composed above the water.

Enjoying the relative quite of the early morning she sauntered to the kitchen,her thoughts going along with her.She occupied herself with the newspaper as she picked at her slightly wilted French fries.

Not a good thing to eat first thing in the morning! But who cares!?She dismissed the ‘diet conscious’ internal voice and went on to stuff her mouth with an unladylike amount of fries into her mouth.

Talk more about stress eating!

The incessant silence between her and Yama was hurting her like a pain rushing to her in giant waves,rising taller with each successive waves. She felt like a rag doll being pulled in two directions and she just needed to escape from everything that was going on within her.