Chapter 42•~ How do you know

30th Sept, 2020

                  Chapter 42

         •~ How Do You Know

We are a thick skinned people with empty souls. We spend our days playing dice, chess, or sleeping - and we say we are the best people that ever came to mankind?

~ Nizar Qabbani

                   《¤ ¤ ¤ ¤》

"Dinner is ready," Yasmeen called out from the kitchen.

Fahil smiled to himself. He needn't reply because he knew that she knew he would be there in a few minutes.

It was a tough day at the office today.He just threw himself on the bed and stayed there for few minutes absolutely still, without moving his limbs.

Tired and haggard he got up, loosened his tie and pulled it off over his head.He set the tie down on the tabletop and was about to make his way to the couch, when his attention was caught by a gift box sitting on the table. The box was nicely held closed with ribbon and topped with a decorative bow with his name tagged on it.

An enormous smile formed across his face as he sat back on the couch.He carefully opened the box,and there was a personalised notebook with the title,

"How Do You Know?"

After a moment of silence and confusion, he smiled anxiously.

Watching his reaction intently from behind the door,Yasmeen' s heart missed a beat when she saw a huge delightful grin slid across his face.

She tiptoed quietly back to the dining area. Her heart beating faster in ... of what she hoped would be one of the most memorable moments of her life.

"Yasmeen,What is this"?

There he was,holding the book in his hand. Staring at her innocent face,a cocky grin adorning his lips.She knew he was thinking right when their gazes met in the middle, but perhaps he wanted to hear it clear from her.

"Umm...I think it's time to fill this notebook."

A warm sensation cascaded through her body as she made a reply.

Within moments Fahil had hoisted her, carrying her as if she were a mere feather in his grasp.

"Allahu Akbar", He yelled.

"Fahil what are you doing, stop it... you don't want to be called noisy neighbour. Do you"?

"Are you kidding me...I want to go on the rooftop and let the whole world know how happy I am."

He cheered cradling her gently against his chest.

"Fahil put me down."
She protested.

He carried her to the living room and carefully placed her on the sofa.A long comfortable silence followed between the two as they both rejoiced their moments together.

"I can't wait to tell our families."

"Yeah me too...let's meet them tomorrow and break this news to them."

"Yeah good idea...I'll take off from work so that we can spend the whole day with them".

"What no!!we can go when you come back from your work."She rolled her eyes while he made a scrunched up face.