Chapter 10~• Friends Function and Fun

°•°Chapter 10°•°

   Friends Function and Fun

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens."

💦 Khalil Gibran 💦

*~•*~

Today was the last stage of the many day celebration. The bright lights of the reception hall were pouring down on guests fitted in their choicest attire.A lot of drapery, carpeting and flowers were used generously to compliment the occasion.

The bride,wearing a heavy embroidered long dress was descending the marble staircase,her neice was acting as a flower girl, spraying petals on the floor before she took each step. Also there were uber cuties with signs, “Here comes the bride." The bride then took her place on the magnificently decorated platform.Her mother and the mother in-law mounted the stairs to congratulate her on the happy marriage she had embarked on and to have their photos taken with the bride before the men came in from where they were celebrating in an adjoining room.

"Hera,Why are you standing here? Go and ask Eisha if she needs any help."? She didn't realise how long she had been standing there until she was interrupted by Sahra.

" I cannot find Eisha,I think she is not here yet ".looking around she said it nervously, not exactly knowing the reason for feeling like that.

"Then go find her,ask her mother she is here already". Taking off her abaya and putting it into the bag she walked away to join the ladies.

Helplessly Hera made her way towards Eisha's mother,but the person walking in to the hall took all her attention towards the entrance way and she nearly jumped up with excitement.

"I thought you were not going to come".The next moment, she was right next to her.

"Actually,akhi was coming this way for his office work so I thought I'd attend the wedding and return it with him only. Besides Eisha was going to get very upset if I had missed it".

"Eisha will be very happy to see you". Hera herself was very excited to see Yasmeen.

" Where is she"?

"Haven't arrived yet".

" Ma sha Allah the bride is so beautiful ". Her gaze shifted to the bride who was standing on the ambo,looking at Hera for a fleeting second she continued," how hard it must be for the girls to remain quiet, pretend to be reserved and shy and get all dolled up for the hundreds of people who are looking at you and assessing your every move".

"Oh I see someone is worried about her big day". Hera joked while Yasmeen occupied the empty seat with a sigh.

Some moments had gone,when they saw Eisha coming through the entrance holding her dress with both the hands.They both went to her as she caught herself and slumped into a chair,clutching her gown to her chest.On seeing both of them walking towards her she managed to stand up and gave them a big hug.

" I am so glad you came,Yasmeen". Smiling at her,she squeezed her hand gently.

"Well how could I have missed my best friend's function"?

"Thank you so much for coming ".Raising the neck line of her dress,she seemed not completely at ease but she let no irritation into her voice.

"How's this dress"? Hera asked playfully,being well aware of her annoyance.

"Itchy and messy". She let out a growl before picking up her bag and said,
"make yourselves comfortable,I'll go check inside if they need me".

"Sure,let us know if you need any help." Taking a step back,Yasmeen responded her.