Chapter 6 ~• One Step Closer

Chapter •~ 6

           "One Step Closer"

''What you seek is seeking you."

~Rumi

•~•~•~•~❤

The small room of Hera's home,which was scarcely large enough to hold a two dozen people was over packed with ladies and girls. Since it was Friday today and as usual the weekly Qur'an class was going on under the supervision of Sahra, Hera's mother. Hera's grandfather was an esteemed scholar of Islam and her mother was his student,he had homeschooled her in the beginning years of her life and needless to say she'd taken after him in all her qualities. Every week she conducted a study circle were she'd pick up few verses from the Qur'an and discuss them in detail.

Alhamdulillah this initiative from her was appreciated by all and a good number of females would mark their presence in it.After the tafseer was discussed,often some of the ladies would stay back to seek answers to their problems pertaining to Islam,family life, kids etc. This would go on until Maghreb, that's why Friday used to be a very busy day for both of them.

"The date of the wedding is finalised". Eisha grabbed a pillow and placed it on her lap as they both sat on Hera's bed while their mothers were having tea in the drawing room," it's third of the next month ".

" That's a good news, just a few days away".

"You are coming to my home a week before wedding date,you know many a times, I am not able to decide among the choices,it's good if I have you with me.You can help me with the decisions. In moments like these I miss having an elder sister so much." She pouted,before continuing,"but alhamdulillah I have got you".

"That's so kind of you,I'll try to be there with you but a week before the wedding is too early and besides we are not too far that we can't see each other every day.I can't promise of staying at your home but yes I'll visit you every day in sha Allah". Picking up the books from the table Hera set them neatly in one corner and turned around,only to see her friend making poker face.

" Did any body ever tell you,you are an expert at making faces".

"No.Just like you were never told that sometimes you are too grumpy to deal with". Hera looked at her with a flash,recalling the moment when she was said the exact word.Recollecting that thought made her feel bitter.Why can't he just away from my life and my thoughts?Why does he have to come on and off,either in front of me or subconsciously in my mind?

" I'll bring you a cup of tea". Chasing those thoughts out of her head,she walked in to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~❤

"Ummi there is something I need to talk to you about".After they had eaten together,Sahra went back to her room saying she had some files to see while Hera finally decided to speak to her mother about her higher studies.
Sahra closed her eyes and a yawn escaped her before she put her glasses back on.

"It seems you are tired,we can talk tomorrow". Hera stood up from the bed and reached out for the blanket.

"No,I am alright.I am listening to you,go ahead". After much insistence from her,Hera sat on the edge of the bed and folded her hands in her lap.

"As you are aware my academic session will come to an end in two months.You know how passionate i am about continuing my studies". She looked at her mother for a split second to gauge her expressions but there were none,"I am always working hard for excellent results,I have always remained in the top three positions,I have never disappointed you with my grades.All these years I have been studying with the only hope of reaching my destination,I know the journey ahead is rocky but I can sail through it if you are with me.Ummi please don't make me stop in the middle of it,please don't take away the purpose of my life from me".Her voice faltered at the end and fat tears dripped off her cheeks.