Seven

-

-

Quentin

"Come on dude."

"No, Oak."

"Bro don't do me like this. I don't know when I'll have another opportunity-"

"If you wanted to invite her over, you should've told me earlier. I don't have anywhere to go while you two...do whatever you two plan on doing."

"Quentin I know it's short notice, but you know how I feel about Jamie. And how often is it that I get some action?"

"Not often, and not my problem."

"Don't you have a girl you can go see? You usually have a whole roster."

"That's the old me. Now I'm focused and mature."

"Now, you're a dweeb." Oak said, sighing.

"Whatever-" I started to say, before being distracted by a text notification on my phone.

"Please tell me that's one of your hoes."

"It's....my boss?" I said, staring down at the message.

Hi,
Sorry to bother you Quentin. I hope your evening is well. If you aren't horribly busy right now, I was wondering if we could meet for dinner. There were some things I wanted to discuss with you. If you aren't available, that's totally fine. Please let me know.

"Your boss? Why is she texting you at nearly 9 o'clock?"

"She wants to have dinner..to discuss something."

"Dinner seems kind of intimate for just business talk...but I'm not gonna complain. You go ahead there, and I won't have to cancel on my lady."

"It's not intimate. Maybe that's how they do things in this industry."

"Maybe so. I don't really care. Hurry up and leave so I can get some."

This did seem a bit out of place. It seemed like earlier we went over everything regarding the offer, what else could there be that was so urgent?

No time to worry about it. I have to get ready.

But first, I needed to figure out a decent response.

Nadia

I had a tremendous wave of regret after pressing send on that text.

Half of me thought it was stupid and immature to reach out to a co-worker like that for such a silly reason...but the other half of me just didn't want to be alone for the whole night.

There was something so intriguing about Quentin. Maybe this is a good opportunity to get to know him more personally— to make sure he's right for the business trip.