Four

Nadia «

"Good morning, art directors. I'm sure most of you all are used to seeing me each Friday, but this week I'll be extremely busy—so, I decided to check up on progress today instead."

I'd always found it weird how most of these people were within a few years of me, but somehow I always felt like a nagging teacher to a bunch of high schoolers.

"Oh- totally fine Mrs. Rivers. Quentin, why don't you uh..show her what we're up to." The guy I know as Grayson spoke up.

Usually when I put this group on the spot, I was met with periods of deafening silence.

Not today.

"We're working on textiles. Specifically for jackets." I heard a confident voice rumble the room.

My eyes traveled across the space, eventually fixating on where this new voice was coming from.

Dressed in a denim jacket layered over a plain hoodie; even with such a basic look— he refused to blend in with the rest of the group.

"Would you..care to show me?" I said, finding myself  missing words.

"Of course." He smiled slyly.

His confidence almost appeared as cockiness.

The whole team watched as I made my way over to the table he was working at. Grayson seemed nervous, however this Quentin person, did not.

I examined both of their sketchbooks. Grayson was always skilled at drawing out patterns, but Quentin.....genuinely surprised me.

He drew with such detail it was as if he'd drawn these jackets a thousand times before...but at the same time, they seemed effortless.

"Impressive." I said, just so only the two guys could hear.

"Thank you." Quentin said, without an ounce of reluctance.

I looked up at him, and our eyes met.

"You're confident." I said to him.

"In my abilities? Certainly." He smirked.

Hm.

"Okay, art directors." I said now addressing the group. "I'm happy with what I've seen today."

And with that, I made my way out of the workroom,  closing the door behind me.

Once the door shut, I let out a deep breath I hadn't even realized I was holding.

Quentin «

"Bro...what was that?" Grayson said, as soon as the door closed.

"What was what?"

"You tamed the beast, Quentin! You got Rivers to say something positive." Erica said, seemingly genuinely surprise.

"It had to have been the sexy smise you gave her. You guys eye fucked each other and all of us had to watch." Grayson laughed.

I don't know what came over me when she walked in. I had been so intimidated by the idea of Rivers, and but once she was in front of me....I don't know.