Chapter 4

Announcements: sorry for not updating everyone! But here's chapter four! Hope you enjoy! And if you were wondering, (you probably were) but this is 2 years before everything happens with Tanjiro becoming a demon slayer, and all that stuff. ANYWAYS. On with the story!

Warnings: Swearing

(Y/n)'s POV

'I'm now living with the Kamado family. Great!' I let out a sigh and sit up in my futon, seeing the sliding door open slightly "oh, you're awake! Are you feeling any better?" I give a slight nod, understanding almost none of that.

Nezuko, being the sweet girl that she is, brought in a small cup of tea for her and myself. I give a smile and take the cup from her gently. "Do be careful though, it's freshly made so it's-" Before she could finish what she was saying I had already drank a small amount and jumping from the burning sensation. "Ow! Ohhh that's what you were trying to tell me.. Sorry." I give a sheepish smile but she waves a hand and laughs. "It's alright."

For the next hour or so we try communicating, but we can only understand each other by doing specific gestures, and with me knowing the little amount of Japanese that I knew from anime, it was pretty hard.

After a while Nezuko stands up and gives me a slight smile, motioning towards the door. I give a nod and she walks out, waving before closing the door once again. "... Welp, and then there was one I guess." I give a sigh and lay back in my futon, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep for a nap.

3rd person POV

As (Y/n) slept peacefully, Nezuko was talking with Tanjiro about her. "It's sad that she doesn't understand much of what we're saying. She seems really nice, I think you two would get along well!" Tanjiro smiles at his sister, who gives a small grin in return. "I'm sure that we could be, and she's very polite. Maybe we could teach her?" The two siblings pause, thinking. "That might work, but it's going to take time..." Nezuko sighs and looks at her brother, who has a small grin painted on his features.

"I have an idea."

The next day, Tanjiro knocks softly on (Y/n)'s door, and she answers soon after.

"Oh, shit hi. Wasn't expecting to see you?" The girl smiles sheepishly and tosses the blanket she had wrapped around herself (to become a burrito, of course) back onto her futon. Tanjiro chuckles softly and holds up a book in his hands. Hanako standing behind him. "Hi again (Y/n)!" In her choppy Japanese, she had told them to just call her (Y/n), which they respected.

She gives a wave and motions for them to come in, and she goes back to sit on her bed, Hanako sitting with her excitedly. Tanjiro sits down and asks, trying to make the girl understand. "Do you want to read?" After about 5 minutes, the girl finally gets the idea of what he was trying to say and nods, letting him sit down beside her. She smiles and let's him open the book, starting to read and teaching (Y/n) some new words, which expanded her Japanese.