Chapter 5

Announcements: nothing much to report, but just a heads up. This is about 6 months after you started living with the Kamado family, and 2 years (now a year and a half) before everything happens. Anyways, hope y'all enjoy!

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" I give a slight smile as I see the sliding door to my room open, Hanako and Shigeru running in and trying to pull me up and out of the futon. "Alright, alright I'm up guys.. What's wrong?" "Tanjiro's going into town today! We want you to come with us!" Shigeru exclaims excitedly, a grin painted on his face. I nod and usher them out.

"Okay, I'll be out in just a minute." I put on a (f/c) kimono and walk out, saying good morning to everyone. I catch up with Tanjiro as he's loading Shigeru into the cart. I sneak up behind Hanako and pick her up, spinning her around, making her yelp and laugh happily. "Morning Tanjiro!"

The male looks at me and smiles, happy to see that I was coming with him. "Good morning (Y/n), good to see you woke up." I tilt my head slightly confused, but he soon explains. "Nezuko tried waking you up earlier, but you were to far gone it seemed. I tried as well, but I got the same results. You didn't answer me."

I give a nervous smile and nod. "Heh, sorry about that, I'm a heavy sleeper."

Tanjiro's POV

I watch as (Y/n) puts Hanako in the cart, and walks up front. "What're you doing?" I question puzzled. "I'm helping you! What does it look like?" She responds, picking up the cart. "You don't have to help, I can get it."

(Y/n) gives me a blank stare and doesn't put the cart down, giving me my answer. "Alright, if you want to help then go ahead." She nods happily and waits for me to pick up the other side.

After about 5 minutes, she had started a conversation with Shigeru about what their favorite thing to do outside was. As I listen, I give small chuckles here and there, admiring her childishness. I add in something every now and then, but I usually just stay quiet and listen to the others. "My favorite thing is to play in the snow! What about you (Y/n)?" I look up a Hanako slightly and smile, then turning my attention back to (Y/n) who answered. "My favorite things would be looking at the stars." I could see Hanako and Shigeru's faces light up right then and there, them begging her to take them with her when she went out again. "Alright, alright! I can take you guys with me, calm down.."

She gives them a smile and I feel my cheeks turn pink. 'Cute...'