Paperwork

It's been a few weeks since I found Max cheating. He would come around trying to get me back but I always yelled at him and told him to leave me alone.

    Right now I am sitting at the dining table eating breakfast trying to enjoy the silence when my mom pipes up." So Melony I would like you to sign up for The Selection I know you dont want to but it will be a great experience."

    I think to myself why fight about this " ok mom I would be happy to sign up."She looks at me like I just grew two heads.

"What, honey are you sure your ok your not gonna argue about this at all."she said obviously stunned. Well usually I would be to I always argue but I don't see a reason to. I can't be immature all the time I mean for real.

"Nope there is no need to, do you already have the paperwork" I ask already knowing she does. She still looks like she isn't processing me not arguing. I know it's a big deal but its not really that big.

"Yes it's on the table in the living room by the door" she says.

I look around the table before saying"Ok I will fill it out after breakfast and we can go down this afternoon to turn it in"and then we go back to silence as everyone finishes eating.
____________
Time Skip

    I have been sitting in our back yard all morning filling out the paperwork for The Selection. I didn't realize they needed to know so much about you. Like for real this packet is like ten pages long. When I finished my paperwork for The Selection I told my mom that I was ready to go turn it in.

    My mom tells me to get Judy then we start walking to the bank yeah I know what your thinking why are you walking not everyone has a car. Like I said before we aren't the best off. When we get there the line is all the way down the street so we get in line to wait. While we wait I noticed all the girls are wearing dresses and makeup I think we are taking pictures. Ugh I hate pictures. I never take good pictures except maybe when I was little but thats probably it. Thirty minutes later we get to the front and it's my turn the lady asks some questions then tells me to sit. I make sure to fix my hair and I smile because I am genuinely excited. I had a little talk with myself about this while I was filling out the paperwork. When I am done my mom, me, and Judy head home I guess we have to wait and see if I get selected even though I know I wont because I am nowhere beautiful enough to marry the Prince.

    At home my mom asks me if I think that I will be selected so I answer truthfully." No not for one second do I believe that I will be selected there is nothing special about me I'm an average person who lives a below average life." I look my mom straight in the eyes as I say this so she knows I'm telling the truth.

     My mom acts as if I have grown two heads (again like seriously I'm pretty sure I only have one) and then says " You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen and you have the most amazing voice and don't forget you can paint like there is no tomorrow so don't doubt yourself like that ever again." I just roll my eyes knowing she is wrong but not willing to say anything to make her madder than she is after what I said about myself. I can't wait to see who was selected so I can prove to her and everyone that I'm not good enough to be selected. If I believe that is true then why did I sign up. Maybe I'm not as bad as I think myself to be. We'll just have to wait and see.