Sickness

Akauri's POV

I woke up to the sound of rain falling outside and a low rumble of thunder. My head was killing me, and my body felt hotter than usual, and my stomach was hurting real badly. I just brushed it off and thought it was nothing. I got up and carefully walked to the window, trying to see what was going on. I carefully opened the curtains to see how bad the storm was. Long story short, It was bad. I saw a lightning bolt strike a few miles away, followed by a loud roll of thunder. I closed the curtains quickly as my wolf ears dropped in an instant.

"​Curse you, astraphobia..."​ I thought to myself as I walked back to my bed. I tried to fall asleep, which only worked for about 10 minutes. Another lightning bolt struck right outside my room, causing me to jump up in shock, heart pounding hard against my chest.

"Oh Chaos...I thought this was just a normal storm, guess not." I thought aloud as I checked the time.

"Oh, it's almost time for me to get up...I'm already up now, so I might as well get dressed, I don't trust taking a shower during a storm like this.". I got up and got dressed, which only took about 10 minutes, max. I got out my oversized hoodie that my dad gave me and put it on to keep myself dry when I walk out. I grabbed all my things and went outside in the kitchen.

"Hi Akauri! Good to see you're awake." my mom said while putting a plate of breakfast on the table.

"Yeah, the storm outside woke me up before I could wake myself up." I chuckled.

"The thunder woke us up too, Nikko is on the couch, still sleeping." Da laughed.

"Did she not even try to go in her room, or my room?" I asked. My parents just shook their heads. I sighed as I ate my breakfast.

"I made it just how you like it, scrambled eggs, with grits and sausages." Mum said, handing me a cup of apple juice. I started eating and just stared at the cup, pupils dilating wide like a cat. "Aaaand I forgot how Aki is with apple juice." Mum groaned.

"Well, you can't blame her, the juice is one of the best breakfast drinks out there." Da replied.

I finished my breakfast quickly and drank my juice quickly too. Mum grabbed the cup and filled it up again.

"I know how you are when you drink apple juice." mum chuckled.

"What do you-*HIC*....mean...". Yep. When I drink apple juice, I always get hiccups, mainly because I drink it too quickly. It's not my fault that apple juice is delicious! Anyways, I took the cup and drank it slow and steady.

"Ahhh~ Refreshing." I purred. I put my dishes in the sink and went over to my sister, who was still sleeping. I gave her a small peck on the forehead as she slowly woke up.

"Morning, sleepyhead." I teased.

"Hey Aki, are you leaving for school yet?" she asked.

"About to, just need to grab a few things." I answered, rubbing her head. She got up and clung onto me.

"I don't want you to go..." she whined.

"Relax, I'll be back in a few hours." I chuckled. I pried her off of me and grabbed the rest of my things. I felt something furry rub against me all of a sudden. I chuckled as I bent down.

"Hi, Hoshi. How's my good girl?" I purred as I rubbed her head. Hoshi was our pet Golden Retriever. We have another pup named Seishin, who is our pet German Shepard. The girls get along easily, they're kinda like sisters. Seishin isn't a morning person like Hoshi is, but she likes the warm afternoon sun and the nightly breeze. I stood back up as I was getting ready to leave. "Okay Aki, be safe out there." Mum said from behind me. I nodded firmly as I opened the door. "I'll see you guys later, Sayonara!" I waved as I left. I took a deep breath as I started to walk to school. My legs were really shaky, maybe because of my stomach ache. I do remember having wobbly legs once when I had a really bad stomach ache. I sighed and put my hands over my chest. Suddenly, a girl walked up next to me.

"Hi! How are you doing today?" She asked me. I swallowed a lump in my throat that I didn't even know was there.

"I-I'm doing fine, thanks. What about you?" I replied.

"I'm doing okay. Kinda nervous about my first day." she answered.

"I think we all are. Don't worry." I said. I noticed that the weakness in my legs wasn't gonna keep me up for much longer, so with my two big tails, I started to fly over the girl.

"Wow! You can fly?! She asked in amazement.

"Yeah, somewhat. And before you ask, no, it's not my quirk. My quirk is very different." I chuckled. She seemed amazed.

"Well, what is it?" she asked.

"So basically I have fire and electric powers, to put it short. From past experiences and a huge turning point in my life, I have another ability that has nothing to do with my quirk." I explained. In all honesty, I only told her about one of my quirks. She seemed to maybe understand, judging by her expression.

"Interesting. My quirk is that I can make objects float if I touch them, but if I use my quirk too much, I'll puke..." she explained.

"That seems pretty cool, minus the drawback, though, I have my own drawbacks as well. Too much fire will make me overheat. Too much electricity will increase my risk of shocking myself." I replied. I mean, I can relate to her, mainly because I'm feeling nauseous as all hell right now. "Oh yeah, my name's Ochako Uraraka, nice to meet you!" the girl said with a smile.

"That's a really cute name, Uraraka. I'm Akauri Ashari." I replied. Uraraka looked at me with shock.

"Ashari? I've heard that name before. I'm guessing your parents are pro heroes." she suspected. I nodded hesitantly, kinda knowing how people are with pro heroes, especially with their young ones.

"Yeah, my mum and dad are pro heroes, right now they're getting ready to do their patrol." I responded.

"That sounds cool. Hey, maybe you can tell me more when we get inside." Uraraka suggested. I gave her a warm smile as I agreed, starting to become oblivious to the storm that was going on around us. That all changed when another roll of thunder shook the ground, making me clutch my chest and squeak a tiny bit in fear. Everything was kinda fine, well, if you include me having a small anxiety attack as fine.

"I hope this storm goes away sooner or later, my astraphobia is really acting up." I whimpered. Uraraka pulled me down a little bit and put her hand on my shoulder as she tried to comfort me. "Sadly, the weather says it's supposed to be like this all day." she said. I sighed in disbelief and just went with Ochako to the school. As soon as we got there, I looked up and thought,

"​Welp. Here we go, Akauri. Let's do this. The first day of UA..."

A/N: And the first chapter is done! Hopefully I'll be able to get these other chapters done faster than I can get my work turned in.