Lights Out

Akauri's POV

We walked to the school and quickly went inside, apparently we had the same classes. I slid the door open to see many students just chillin'. I looked around and tried to find an empty seat, which I was able to find, no bag was on it, but It was next to a group of students. I gulped down another lump as I made my way over there. I was able to sneak past, and put my stuff on the back of the seat, but my cover was blown when my phone rang.

BAG ALERT, MAJOR BAG ALERT

 They all looked at me as I stood there frozen. I quickly grabbed my phone and saw my friend was calling me. I picked up quickly and tried to make this conversation as short as possible.

"Hola, niña, Just wanted to check on you." Now of course it's my mum.

"I'm doing good, mum. Um, shouldn't you be on patrol?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, but I just wanted to see how you were doing so far." she said.

"Nothing has really happened yet, I'll call you when something does. That sound good?" I suggested.

"Seems like a plan." she said as she quickly hung up.

"​No 'goodbye'? Rude...​" I said to myself as I put my phone away. I sighed as I started to get kinda hot, this hoodie was kinda overheating me. I took it off and wore it around my waist. I could still tell the group of students were looking at me, I had a funny feeling in my stomach. One of them walked up to me and had a curious look.

"Are you new around here?" He asked. I tried my best to not show any sign of shyness. "Yeah...I-I man we're all are new here ya know?" Yeah, I can't be not shy in front of someone I don't know.

"Oh, yeah right, you got a point." he responded. I nodded a small bit. He seemed so familiar..

"Wait, you seem like a person I met back when I was in middle school. Your voice..." he murmured at me. We looked at each other for a while until it finally clicked.

"Akauri?..."

"Eijiro?..."

"Aki! It's been a long time since I saw you!" he exclaimed happily as he pulled me into a hug. "Same! You look so different, Kiri. Well, the hair threw me off but your facial features and your voice made it kinda click in my brain." I said hugging him back. He released me as I started wagging both of my tails back and forth.

"So, how are your folks doing? I'm sure they'll be so happy knowing you got into UA." He questioned.

"They're doing okay, my sister just recently came out the closet as a lesbean(Lesbian😌). The result was a nice small party." I replied with a small chuckle at the end. "Congrats on that! When you get the chance, tell Nikko I said hi and congradulations." Kiri said, patting me on the head.

"Hey, why don't I introduce you to my new friends? They'll be happy to meet you.'' Kiri suggested tugging on my arm gently. I smiled and nodded. He basically dragged me over. "Everyone, meet my friend, Akauri. We have some history together, and I thought she would like to meet you ." Kiri said, patting me on the back. "Please, call me Aki." I said as I scratched the back of my head.

"Hi! I'm Mina Ashido, nice to meet you!" A pink skinned girl said.

"I'm Hanta Sero. Nice to get to know you, mi amigo." A boy with smooth black hair said after. "Wait a sec, you know Spanish?" I asked Sero. He nodded.

"Why yes I do, I could teach you if you want." he insisted. I chuckled a bit as I prepared to take everyone by surprise.

" No es necesario, hablo muy bien el español. Gracias por la oferta igualmente(It is not necessary. I speak Spanish very well. Thanks for the offer though)." I said. Everyone looked so shocked. All except Kiri. He knew my heritage was a mix of Latina, Japanese, and African-American, which is honestly kinda cool when you think about it.

"Wow, you know Spanish right off the bat. Did you already take classes?" Sero asked.

"Nope, she has Latin heritage in her. She said she got it from her mum." Kiri said, putting his elbow on my shoulder. I chuckled as I pointed to him.

"What he said." Me and the group just kept chatting. They seemed so calm and nice, and I still felt shy and not my usual self. Again, might not be something bad. He introduced me to everyone, but something didn't really feel right...oh yeah, that hot feeling that's been going through my body. My face was getting more red by the minute, and my legs started to shake a little, not to mention my stomach ache feeling much worse. I started to feel slightly nauseous as well.

"Hey, are you okay, Aki?" Kiri asked me. I wiped the sweat off my forehead, my vision started to get a little blurry, maybe this was much more severe than I thought.

"Maybe...I'm sure it's nothing bad." I replied. I started clenching my stomach.

"I don't know, you seem really under the weather. Maybe you should go see the nurse." Mina said. I know I needed to go to the nurse, but I don't wanna. As much as I know when I need help, I don't like getting it, I'm afraid it'll be painful, and I'm very sensitive to pain...Which might explain why this headache feels like I'm getting pummeled with bricks straight to the dome. 

"Maybe you're right, I'm feeling really sick, not to mention the pain I'm in right now." I groaned out. Kiri picked me up and sat me down in a chair in front of a girl with a bang and a big ponytail.

 "Is she okay? She doesn't look like she's doing so well." she said.

"She's really sick, so we're gonna wait until the teacher comes in to take her to the nurse's office." Kiri answered.

"​Ugh, my head is killing me, I feel like I might pass out, but I need to stay awake and on guard. Never know what could happen."​ I thought to myself. Mina grabbed me by my cheeks and turned my head to her. I started purring from the touch.

"Even when you're sick, you're really cute." Mina said. Miss ma'am I-... Can I have one day where I'm not panicking because of a goddess in my sights? Ugh, whatever...A while later, someone who I'm assuming is the teacher came inside the class. Everyone split up their groups and went back to their seats, me just trying to hang on to my consciousness, I did not feel good in the slightest.

"Hello students" he said in a monotone kinda voice.

"Good Morning." the class replied back in unison, all except me.

"I am Mr. Aizawa, and I'll be your homeroom teacher for this year, so before we get started, does anyone have any questions?" the teacher started.

I saw Kiri raise his hand and come towards me.

"My friend, Ashari, is really ill, can we take her to the nurse's office?" he asked.

"If she's sick she should've stayed home." Aizawa sighed. I gulped and tried to defend myself. "I-I just didn't want to m-miss my first day.." I said weakly.

"While I understand that, it's important that you take care of yourself first, kid." he said. He gestured to me to come up, probably to go to the nurse. I slowly got up with a huge lump in my throat as I stood up. My legs were really weak, but not from nervousness, okay maybe a little bit. My vision got blurry as I walked up to the front. All I could hear were worried mumbles and whispering, as I made my way up. I didn't even make it, why? I passed out right there in the middle of the class, but I didn't feel my body hit the floor. I was maybe being held up by something, maybe...I felt myself being picked up by someone, although I couldn't tell who it was because...well, I'm unconscious. All I could hear was worried sounds of students and rushing footsteps. I had no idea what was going on, but I hope it isn't something bad..

A/N:Another chapter done, I'm really putting more effort into this than my own schoolwork, ngl😀✋