CH. ONE | A Warrior

"GO FOR THE BLADE, L/N!" yelled Commander Magath as my quick figure picked up dust from the ground onto my covered feet. I lunged forward, kicking at the legs of my opponent and dodging their attacks swiftly. Hitting right in the shins hard enough to knock them down, they fall with a thud. I took this opportunity to steal the blade laying tightly in their hands. Pinning them down with my knee to their arms and back, I grasped the dagger in their hand, my free arm pulling their head back from the hair while I placed the sharpened blade against their throat flesh, threatening to tear it apart.

"Alright alright Y/N! I tap out!!" said Bertholdt, frantically tapping on my thigh. I stepped away from him, dusting myself off with a smile plastered on my face.

"Sorry!! I was really holding back right there so you got lucky!" I assured him with a pat on the back. He smiled grimly at me, massaging his neck. A shadow grew over us as we noticed the Commander standing in front, glaring slightly.

"Good work, L/N. Your progress is showing strongly. Maybe soon you will be able to inherit the Female Titan." Commander spoke as I looked up with a gleaming smile. "Actually Sir! I was aiming for either the Armored or Jaw! I believe my skill in strength and agility will work perfectly with either of those!" I said proudly, my hands clasped together at the thought.

Commander Magath scoffed under his breath before dismissing the rest of our unit to lunch. "Which Titan do you wish to inherit, Bertholdt?" I asked, facing his tall figure. He was a lot taller than me so part of the sun that was beating down on us disappeared while he hovered over me.

"I was wanting either the Jaw or Colossal, but whichever I get will be an honor." he said, ushering me to follow him towards the lunch hall.

I nodded and skipped happily to our group of friends who were waiting at the doors for Bertholdt and I. "Hi guys!" I cheered happily, bringing all of them into a hug.

"Y/N you did so well today!" I heard Pieck exclaim, holding my tightly. Her black hair put into a messy ponytail grazed against my face, making my nose itch. I returned her gesture with equal strength, pulling her closer and closer while letting go of the others. "Thank you Pieck. I'm really trying my hardest to make Marley proud."

I pulled away from Pieck, holding her hands in my own turning my attention to Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt and Marcel who were in their own little world. Reiner looked away from the others for a second, locking eye contact with me. His special smile that I loved dearly was plastered against his face. My cheeks grew hot but I shook it off quickly and joined the little huddle, pulling Pieck with me.

"How's Marley's best warrior candidates?" I asked giggling to myself, leaning against Marcel, who pulled me into his embrace slightly. "We should be asking you that, you're practically the best!" Reiner said while the others collectively nodded in agreement. I slapped his arm teasingly, becoming flustered automatically.

"It's not really that big of a deal, I just want to bring victory to Marley. Those Island Devils should expect the worst from us." I did a proud random salute before dropping it. I broke away from Marcel and began clinging onto Reiner's arm, pulling it towards the lunch hall.

"C'mon now, I'm hungry. Let's eat before we do more training later." I said. Annie started walking through the wide double doors with Pieck and Bertholdt following after. I let go of Reiner's arm, giving him another cheesy smile before he and Marcel walked off, leaving me all alone in the empty training grounds.

The blue sky mixed with drops of orange saturated from the sun filled the day with color as I looked at the clouds. My hand reached out, as if I could grasp one in my grasp and take it as my own. The barbed wires at the top of the brick wall keeping us isolated from the others of Marley surrounded me as I dropped my hand to my side.