CH. FOUR | When We Meet

AS THE WEEKS PASSED I continued to show very high progress in my hand-to-hand combat skills thanks to the Warriors. Their techniques were hard to beat yet I managed to successfully excel better than them and win each dual given.

It took a couple of good beat downs, before I was able to use their own moves against them.

I've already been here almost two weeks, and the beginning days seemed to go by extremely fast. It was sad knowing what was going to happen eventually.

I only had today as a full day with all of the people I looked up to before they left this world for good. I guess seeing my friends would be the good part. I do miss them a lot too.

But even after learning all the Warrior's secrets, all their special fighting moves, new stances, including our newly formed friendship, I didn't want to see them leave so soon. I even managed to get closer to the female wielder, along with the Jaw. We ended up becoming a small family, even if it was just for a short amount of time.

I'm sure Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt, Pieck, and Marcel would've loved seeing how happy I am here. They're always wishing for the best for me. It goes both ways.

Not everything can go the way you want it to, I guess. That's what it seems like.

Although, I am very proud to know that my best friends were going to become what they worked so hard for. They deserved it more than anyone else and I stand by that. Even if I can't accompany them, I'll always be their ally.

"Good job again, Y/N." the Armored holder complimented, standing up and dusting himself off before giving me a smile.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead, panting heavily yet returning his kind gesture."Thank you sir." I said, walking over to the box of used combat knives.

The other Warriors, who were waiting on the sidelines, clapped after witnessing me take down one of the strongest Titan shifters.

"As expected, you're even capable of beating us which no one in this unit is able to do. You're going to do great things from here on out, Y/N." the Jaw holder praised, walking over to where I was, sending me into a flustered state. The others nodded in agreement.

"I've learned from the best of the best. Really though, thank you for all this special training. It's helped me realize I can push myself and become useful." I said, fixing my hair which was messy from running around.

"What do you plan on doing once we leave, Miss Y/N?"

I froze in place, the question sending me into a panic while I choked on my own response.

'Am I really going to pursue this in honor of them when they leave? Will all my training for becoming a candidate be useful for this?'

I cleared my throat, fixing my armband up a bit before speaking up.

"I plan on joining the Marleyan military, so I will be able to work in some way, alongside my Warrior friends in honor of you all." I said proudly, my gaze stuck to the ground under me.

Glancing up slightly, I could see grim smiles plastered against all of their faces which puzzled me a bit.

'Did I say something funny...? Oh no, please don't tell me I embarrassed myself in front of them.'

"Well, you will be very helpful to our military, I can agree." the female spoke up, patting my shoulder. "But you would be even better becoming a combat trainer for the candidates while they get used to their Titan forms."

I looked up at her, lips parted as if I was going to say something.

'Should I take her advice for it? No, no, I'm going to choose my own path.'