CH. THIRTEEN | With Grace

"I AM RINA ELISE FRITZ. The holder and key to the Founding Titan." the sudden prisoner spoke while everyone continued to stare at her in suspicion. Y/N looked at her with a glare, strengthening her grip a bit more on the females hair.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for something of the sort to happen. With each ship that came, there were always those passengers willing to lie their way out in order to redeem freedom. This here though, was new.

No one ever mentioned the Founding Titan when being taken prisoner. The two had noticed that, but also realized it could be just another bluff.

Levi who stood next to both girls raised an eyebrow with question. "Don't let her out of your sight." he spoke quietly within range before walking off. Y/N scoffed, bending down and harshly grabbing the girl by her face.

"And I'm Y/N, creator of the world." she joked, letting go of her face and stepping off of her chained hands. Y/N rolled her eyes in annoyance before pulling her up by the hair. Rina held an expression of pain and sincerity which Y/N completely ignored.

"Lying about your occupation won't get you out of being prisoner, 'Rina' if that's actually what your name is." Y/N informed, dragging Rina to the closest empty tent. "I don't like to play around with the filth of Marley."

Rina looked at Y/N with a hint of admiration. The two being from the same place, and Y/N being a popular Eldian amongst the Marleyan army meant that she was well talked about.

She had dreamt of being in same position of power as Y/N. An Honorary Marleyan without being a Titan shifter. That was a high honor, having the same strength as those with the Power of the Titans.

"So you're the one Marley worshipped.." Rina's low voice cracked through slight hisses of agony, along with a giggle of excitement. "The one weapon they couldn't expect to lose. Everyone thinks you're dead, Miss Y/N L/N. Yet here you are, thriving with your own people. It must feel nice."

Y/N's expression stood stoic, not caring about anything Rina had to say. She knew better than to give into such little taunting. After all, she lived on grounds where there was nothing but taunts thrown at her.

"I finally come face to face with you after all this time, though it isn't the way I hoped it'd be. I still have to deliver this message from him to-"

Rina wasn't even able to finish her sentence before Y/N swiped at her ankle sending her to the floor. She straddled her waist, holding her blade against the females throat about to break through the skin.

"Finish your sentence. I dare you to." she spoke through grit teeth. Her aura reeked of anger, having being mentioned about him.

It didn't take her long to know who 'he' was. For a fact, those around her knew not to mention him. She hadn't gone into much detail talking about who he was to her comrades, or what he had done. Just that he was an ex-friend who she was desperately trying to forget.

Rina smirked slightly to herself, leaning towards Y/N a bit closer. She wanted crack through this thick shell placed on her heart, protecting it from whatever lie ahead. "He still believes you're alive, only being kept here and tortured against your will. Oh how you should've seen his face when they said the boat wouldn't return, along with you. He still believes it was his fault for allowing you to come here. If you ever see him again, it would be best to go along and give him a hug. For support, of course."

Y/N softened her grip around the girls collar, her eyes hiding expressions of guilt and somewhat grief. But she knew her duties and what Marley would've done if she did end up returning.

It wasn't like her to allow emotions before duty. Whenever it came down to either being a soldier or someone with nothing but a crush, she chose the path more important to her. It felt different this time. Being away from him on her own free will felt wrong but in the right way.