Teen!Laxus x Reader - First Impressions [FT]

(Y/N) POV

New town. Fourth new town, actually.

I grunted, shifting my heavy bag over my shoulder as I walked down the streets of the town.

I had moved all the way across the county to some town called Magnolia. And so far, it wasn't extremely impressive.

Sure, they had pretty good food and...stuff.

You're probably thinking something like, This chick must be crazy, she's got such a downer personality.

I'll tell you know, saying stupid stuff like that will land you in a hospital. Curtesy of me.

I'm (y/n) (l/n), and I'm a completely normal human being. Ha, I bet you thought I was a wizard or some crazy crap like that. Well, I guess some people just weren't born with it.

I walked by a row of small coffee and tea cafés, the scent of herbs drifting by my nose. My eyes widened when I saw the sign outside the door. Did that say (favorite tea)?!

Oh, sweet dragon eggs. I don't know about any of you guys, but (favorite tea) is, like, my life. I could drink it all day, but I haven't had any in weeks.

I could practically feel the drool dribbling out of my mouth. I hope it only felt like there was drool on my shirt.

I grabbed the door handle, pulled it back, and was about to go in the café, when someone slammed into me.

I let out a small shriek, and fell on the hard concrete, right on my butt. My bag landed a few feet away. "Hey, watch it!" I yelled angrily at the person who slammed into me. They were still running down the sidewalk, but turned around briefly when I yelled.

It was a teenager, about my age, tall and lanky, with spiky blonde hair, and a scar running down his left eye. He had his headphones in, which irritated me even more.

But the guy didn't even make a move to come back. Instead, he just turned around and continued sprinting down the sidewalk.

"Hey!" I screamed after him, but he paid me no attention. I growled, but grabbed my bag next to me, and hoisted myself off of the ground. Dusting off my pants, I turned in the opposite direction, and started back towards my apartment. I wasn't in the mood for (favorite tea) anymore.

*timeskip to the next day*

I woke up in a good mood. The sun was out, and the sky was completely clear. No matter how average Magnolia was as a town, there was no way I was going to not go back to that café. (Favorite tea) was waiting for me!

I grabbed my bag off of the chair, grabbed a blueberry muffin, and headed out the door.

When I got to the café, I noticed it was almost empty. I closed my eyes breathed in the scent of herbs and tea leaves. Amazing.

"Hey. Are you going to just stand there all day like an idiot, or are you actually gonna sit down and order?"

My eyes flew open to the sound of the voice. A teenage boy about my age sat at the table by the window, his feet propped up on the table, headphones around his neck, and his slim fingers drumming against the table. He had a head of blonde hair, and a scar on his left eye. Then I realized with a shock that this was the boy that had bumped into me yesterday.

He seemed to notice the same thing and raised his eyebrows. "You're the girl that I bumped into yesterday."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "That's right."

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that." He scratched the back of his head. "I was in a hurry and didn't see you."

I just shrugged. "Whatever. It's fine, it's in the past anyways." I crossed over and sat at a table a few away from the boy.

"Hey, you can come sit at my table, if you want." the boy called.

"Just because you bumped into me and apologized doesn't make us friends." I snapped.

"Whoa," the boy said, putting up his hands. "I didn't mean to offend you."

"Of course you didn't." I scoffed. "If you did, I would've kicked your butt."

The boy laughed. "I wouldn't be so sure about that."

I turned to him, my eyebrows raised. "Oh really? And why's that?"

"'Cuz I'm a wizard." the boy said casually, running his fingers through his blonde hair.

My eyes widened, and I stood up quickly. Then that's when I saw it. The electricity sparking from his headphones and flying from his fingers.

"Y-You can't be serious." I stammered.

The boy grinned. "Dead serious."

I must've looked like a wimpy idiot. I couldn't believe myself either.

"So, on a completely different note," the boy spoke again, taking his feet off the table and grinning devilishly at me. "Do you want to sit at this table?"

I don't know why I did it. I didn't want to do it. But of course, my feet thought differently. I slowly picked up my bag, walked over to the table, and sat down.

The boy's grin widened. "Cool."

I relaxed my shoulders a little, but kept my eyes on his face.

"So what's your name?" The boy said, leaning forward slightly.

"(Y/N)," I answered before I realized it.

"(Y/N)," the boy repeated. "Interesting." He looked at his fingers, which were still drumming against the table. "I'm Laxus. Laxus Dreyar."

I nodded, a small smile breaking across my lips. "Nice to meet you."

"So, (Y/N)," Laxus looked up again, looking smug. "How about I pay for your drink, to make up for yesterday?"

I nodded again, this time smiling a real smile. "Sounds good."