Gajeel x Reader- Gajeel vs Manga [FT]

(Y/n) POV

I was absorbed in reading the latest manga that I just got as I walked into Fairytail and took a seat at the bar.  "A (favourite flavor) milkshake (Y/N)?" Mira asked as I nodded in response, my head still buried in the book.

I heard the clunk of the glass as she put my milk shake down on the counter. I put my book down, just for a second. I thanked Mira and drank my shake as Mira giggled and stared at me weirdly. "So, how's you're crush on Gajeel?" She asked as I nearly choked on my tasty drink.

"Ack- uh...." My face turned pink as I tried to hide it with my manga. "You should go talk to him more (Y/N)," Mira laughed, "He kinda also likes you." And walked off to serve more beers. I shook my head trying to rid the redness from my face. Mira was right I should go talk to my crush Gajeel but... My manga was also begging me to read it first... I saw Gajeel at another booth with Pantherlily, eating some random iron bits but then I turned my head to face my precious manga.

Gajeel, manga, Gajeel, manga... Gajeel. I made up my mind to go talk to him, my manga could wait just a tiny bit and so I finished my milkshake and walked to Gajeel. "Hi Gajeel!" I said as he looked up to meet my eyes. "Hey pipsqueak." He replied and continued to munch on iron. "Uh so I was wondering if you wanted to go on a job or something because (partner name) is gone and I kind of need some money."

Gajeel cracked a small smile and he got up and we walked to the request board to go pick up a new job for a new adventure. Manga can wait... For now... :)

"Hey pipsqueak, what was that book that you were reading before hand? You seemed to like it a lot."

"Ah-er nothing..."

.... I'm sorry if this sucks.... But we hope that you guys still like it :)

~jumbled_up_dreams