Chapter 69: Different than Intended 1

Chapter 69: Different than Intended 1Chapter 69: Different than Intended (1)
Cale patted Billos's shoulder. BIlos's eyes filled with anticipation as Cale started to speak.

"So work hard if you need some treasure."

It was an indifferent command, but Billos still responded with excitement.

"As hard as you need me to work, hehe."

Cale shook his head after seeing that Billos was clearly excited. He knew that there was a lot going on BIllos's mind, but that Billos was putting up this front.

'Since I didn't explain it thoroughly.'

All he had told Billos was two words.

Magic Device. Billos had heard only those two words. Cale observed Billos leaving to work before turning to look at a certain person.

He was looking at the person who needed to be the most cautious in the Whipper Kingdom.

Rosalyn.

The mage needed to be careful if she did not want to get hurt or even killed. Cale found her standing on the deck and approached her. It was so that he could warn her.

"...Miss Rosalyn."

But there was no need to do that. Cale stopped to think about what to say.

"What is it, young master Cale?"

Cale had to ask after hearing the calm in her voice.

"Is that a club in your hand?"

The club in Rosalyn's hand was causing strong gusts of wind as she swung it around. She looked like she was used to this. He could also see a light leather armor underneath her robe as she refreshingly answered Cale's question.

"It is indeed a club. Whether it is a magic staff or a club, they're all the same when you use it to hit something."

"You are very wise."

Cale was honestly in admiration as he gave her a thumbs up. There was no need for him to warn her about moving around the Whipper Kingdom as a mage.

"Wise? I just wanted to make sure things didn't become difficult for everyone else because of me. I may not look like it, but I learned a variety of basic martial arts when I was young."

Tap. Tap.

Rosalyn lightly tapped her other palm with the club. As part of the royal family, especially as the eldest child in line for the throne, she had learned self-defense, as well as some other basic martial arts.

Her gaze suddenly became chilly.

"I also wanted to take a look at this place with my own eyes."

Cale started to smile. Rosalyn, the liege in charge of the new Magic Tower in the future, was a very just person like Choi Han. That was why she was able to grow together with her party members. However, she also had a definite goal as well as a cold rationality. The Whipper Kingdom would give her some complicated feelings, as well as an opportunity to learn.

Cale followed Rosalyn's gaze to look toward the port.

This was the least destroyed port in the Whipper Kingdom because it was the smallest one and because the regular citizens used it quite frequently. However, there were not many ships going in and out of the port, and the faces of the people getting off of the few ships arriving were very gloomy. However, the faces of the people living here were bright.