Chapter 74: Different than Intended 6

Chapter 74: Different than Intended 6Chapter 74: Different than Intended (6)
Cale looked toward On, Hong, and Raon.

'What is going on?'

He asked the three of them with his gaze, but the three just sighed and shook their heads.

"Soooooooob."

Cale could still hear Mueller continuing to cry. Why was he crying so much? Cale turned back toward Mueller.

Both the dwarves and the Rat people were very short. Having received both sets of genetics, Mueller was smaller than both dwarves and Rats.

He resembled the dwarves in fairy tales, having very cute features that would make almost any adult have the desire to protect this small person.

However, this did not apply to Cale.

"I feel so bad for him."

On and Hong wagged their tails before approaching Mueller with pity in their eyes. Mueller started to shake even worse as they got closer. He was crying even louder now.

"...I feel so bad for him."

Cale internally snorted at On's words.

There was no need to feel bad for him. Mueller was 30 years old and lorded over the others as part of the family that helped develop the Magic Tower. He knew about the Magic Tower's last line of defense, but did not use it because that would have meant revealing himself to Toonka and his crew. He was so scared that he just ignored his father's last wishes. [1]

If it wasn't for that, there was no way that the Mage faction would have lost so badly.

Of course, this was actually beneficial to Cale.

Although he looked like a young and cute boy based on his appearance, inside of that body was a thirty-year-old man who knew the ways of the world. He knew that his own life was what mattered the most.

Naturally, Cale preferred such a person.

"Sooooob."

Cale was tired of seeing a grown ass man continuing to cry. He decided to stop the good guy act.

"Hey."

Mueller flinched at Cale's voice. He started to shake again after seeing the steel rod in Cale's hand. He felt like this was the end of his life.

Plop, plop.

Cale placed some things on Mueller's arms while he was still crouching inside the wall. It was a loaf of bread and a bottle of milk. He had taken it out of his magic bag.

Mueller's eyes started to shake. He cautiously looked up at Cale only to see a slightly annoyed expression.

Eat it."

Mueller quickly took a bite after hearing what sounded like a command. Cale had an odd feeling while watching Mueller eat the bread that got drenched in his tears.

'...He seems to be useless.'

He had a bad feeling about this. Mueller looked like a totally useless fool.

He was supposed to have the dwarves' technical skills and the Rat's stealth and meticulousness. This combination was said to have given him the potential to become the greatest developer and constructor. But why-

"T, thank you very much."

Why does he feel like such a doof?

Cale had a bitter taste in his mouth. However, On, Hong, and Raon all looked toward Mueller with pity and approached him. They were trying to be his shield, as it looked like he was afraid of Cale.