ᴏɴᴇ

"Everyone needs their beauty rest, darling. Even you." Elsie 'booped' the tip of her daughters nose before kissing it. "I love you, okay? Get some sleep."

Elsie got up from the chair that was beside Briar's bed. She was about to walk out the bedroom door when her daughter said something that caught her off guard.

"But what if I hurt you again?"

Elsie turned around slowly and gave Briar a small smile. "You won't, baby. I promise." Briar looked at her moms eye that was swollen and black before turning to the side. Elsie looked down and left the room, closing the door behind her. She walked to her room and closed the door then began to cry.

She was terrified of her daughter. She obviously wasn't going to tell her daughter that, but it was true. She continued to cry for a little longer before getting up and going to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror before doing the unthinkable.

——𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽——

"And this, ladies and gentlemen is Briar Channing. 24 years old, 4'9, and is diagnosed with schizophrenia. She sees delusions, hears multiple voices and cannot speak straight. We have her draw or write in a notebook when she feels like something is wrong. Her favorite color is black and she will only wear warm clothes. Her mother killed herself when she was 5 years old due to the feeling of danger. Any questions?"

Ariana, who was placed in the back, raised her hand. Even though Ariana was quite small, the doctor still managed to see her hand. "Yes, Ms. Grande." The doctor said in his strong and sturdy voice.

"Why is she locked away if she only has schizophrenia?" The doctor sighed, "because she has committed crimes due to her schizophrenia, and she has more than just schizophrenia. She has bad sleep walking problems and some other stuff that we will not discuss around Miss Channing. Any other questions?"

A guy raised his hand. "Yes, Mr. Davidson."

"Is she single?" He said making some of the other trainers in the room groan and some to laugh. "That is not appropriate, Mr. Davidson. Any other appropriate questions about Miss Channing?" Ariana raised her hand again making the doctor give her a nod.

"I would like to take care of Briar, doctor." Ariana said. The doctor smiled but frowned when Pete spoke up again, "you're gonna let the slut take care of her? Pathetic."

"Well, Mr. Davidson, we have been looking for proper care for Miss Channing ever since she got here but everyone is too scared to even say hi to her except for me and a few other people here. This is great that Ms. Grande is volunteering to take care of Miss Channing." The doctor explained making Ariana smile and stick her head up proudly. Pete rolled his eyes.

"Ms. Grande, if you will follow Matthew to fill out the paperwork to become Briar's caregiver, that will be great." Ariana nodded and followed Matthew to an office when Ariana will be filling out papers for Briar.

"Uhm, before you officially take care of her, you will also have to read her folder. In the folder you will find out some of the cases she's been in, about her mother, her mental illnesses and stuff like that. It's okay to take your time, you're in no rush." Ariana nodded and waited until Matthew was outside of the office before popping a mint in her mouth and start doing the paperwork.

The paperwork was the boring part, but soon Ariana got to the folders. She was excited to figure out things about Briar. Briar had a thick folder.

'Poor girl... must've been through a lot already... '

Ariana slowly opened up the folder and awed at the baby photo of Briar. She looked down at the many photos before seeing Elsie Rosalind, 'Briar's mother', she was guessing. "They look so alike..." Ariana whispered.

She then looked at the papers and saw something written about Elsie. It was her information. "Only 20 years old when she had Briar and only lived up to when Briar was 5. Poor Briar..." Ariana whispered and continued to read about Briar.

———

It was around 6:45 when Ariana finished reading through the files about Briar. Turns out there was more than one. Ariana left the room and went to go find Matthew when she heard screaming. She turned around with a s confused but concerned face and started walking towards the back.

There she saw Briar crying, screaming and kicking for dear life as guards hoisted her away. Ariana quickly caught up to them.

"Hey! Hands off!! That's my patient." The guards looked Ariana up and down. "Who are you?" Ariana took off her name tag and showed the guards, "Ariana Grande-Butera, 27-year-old nurse who just signed the papers to become Briar Channing's legal nurse." Ariana showed the guards her paperwork before they both looked at each other sighed. They pushed a now calm Briar towards Ariana and then went off with their day. Briar looked at Ariana before running away back to her cell.

Ariana smiled and then went on with trying to find Matthew so she could take care of Briar with the respect and care she needs and deserves.