ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

"You really think that a jar could hold a demon?" Dalton heard in his ear. He froze, it seemed as if everything stopped in that moment. It was earlier than usual that the demon had come out. He knew that scratchy voice, demonic voice from anywhere. "How funny of you to think. You know what else is funny? It's the fact that you still are chasing after Ariana after she said she didn't want a relationship."

The demon leaned down further so he could really get in Dalton's mind. A menacing smile took over the demons face, "you're obsessed, Dalton. Admit it. You've been watching her ever since she stepped foot into this facility. You want nothing better to do than kidnap her and make her all yours, but you're considerate. You respect her wishes."

"Shut up."

"The only reason why you are telling me to shut up is because you know it's true. Humans all have demons, Dalton. Why not use them for something... good?" The demon trailed their finger from Dalton's neck to his heart. He was touched in an emotional way, yes, but he knew better than to let the demon get to his head. 

He took the demons finger and ripped it from the demons body. "You have done your job here, but you successfully failed. Even though what you said may be true, I would never do it." Dalton explained, continuing to break the demon into small parts.

"Ariana will fall in love with me on her own time. Love is not something to force on anyone. To get what you want, you must wait, and I am willing to wait for Ariana." When the demon was fully broken down, Dalton picked up the pieces and put it in the jar. He shook the jar up, making all the different pieces then threw it on the ground.

He watched as all the pieces turned from black to white, then disappeared into mid air.

When everything was done, Dalton walked over to the sleeping Ariana. He bent down a little to move some hair out of her face. He then kissed her forehead and wished her a proper Goodnight before going to his dorm and getting some sleep himself.

———

Ariana gently knocked on Briar's cell door, then unlocked it and opened it up. When she walked inside, she saw Briar crouched down in the corner. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion and slight worry. It was unusual for Briar to be in a different spot than her usual spot.

"Briar? Is everything alright?" Ariana asked. Briar slowly and carefully turned around. She then lifted her arms and hands up, showing Ariana what was in her hand. It was a snail. It didn't look yucky or slimy like most snails, it actually looked quite... cute.

"Bon Bon." Briar said, absolutely intrigued by the magical looking snail. "Friend." Briar said with a happy smile on her face. Ariana smiled as well. It wasn't a human friend, no, but it was as close to a friend as Briar got, and Ariana loved that.

"What a beautiful name for a beautiful snail. Would Bon Bon like to eat breakfast with us?" Briar put Bon Bon up to her ear then nodded her head. Ariana smiled once again, "alright. I hope Bon Bon won't mind eating leaf filled pancakes. I'll go get them now." Ariana then left the room and went to the kitchen. When she arrived in the kitchen she saw Dalton sipping on some coffee.

She went up to Dalton and gave him a hug, catching him slightly off guard. "Thank you." She whispered into the hug. Dalton's eyes widened when he realized that Ariana was talking about last night. She... heard him and the demon?

"Well, I have to get Briar and her new friend some chocolate pancakes. I'll talk to you later. And maybe... we can have another date night. I'll just have to find a babysitter." Ariana giggled before getting the chocolate pancakes out of the freezer.