ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

"But really Dalton, thank you for saving me last night. I thought I should pay you back with a date, and a second chance." Ariana said with a smile on her face as her and Dalton sat down at a table.

Dalton waved his hand in dismissal. "Don't thank me, Ariana. I was just doing it out of pure generosity. I also didn't want the same thing to happen last time." Dalton cleared his throat, remembering that day and every second of it. As much as he hated to admit it, he loved it. But did this count as having sex with a demon?

"I know we shouldn't talk about others patients, but how is yours going?" Dalton perked up with a smile making Ariana giggle a bit. "He's doing great! He's learning how to control it and stuff. And how is your patient doing?" Ariana happily sighed at the thought of Briar. She knew that she should probably be with Briar now, knowing that she wasn't there with her for about two days, but she was sure she was fine with Courtney.

"Briar is also doing great. She got a snail in her room the other day and named it BonBon. To be honest, the snail is quite cute. He looks like Gary from Spongebob," Ariana and Dalton both laughed. When their laughing died down, they stared at each other for a couple of seconds, noticing each other's features. Dalton was very handsome and a good man. It made Ariana question why she turned him down in the first place.

"Hello, my name is Sarah and I'll be your waitress for tonight. Can I get you two started with a drink?" The waitress said snapping both Ariana and Dalton out of their dazes. "I'll take a red wine, please." Ariana said, then looked at Dalton. "I would like a red wine as well." Sarah nodded and left to go get the twos drinks.

While Sarah was gone, Dalton and Ariana looked over the menus and chose what they wanted to eat. They ordered when Sarah came back and ate when the food was at their table. By the time their dinner date was finished, Ariana was drunk.

"D-Dalton..." Ariana called out drunkly. "Yes, Ariana?"

"I really like you, a-and *hiccup* I just found that out tonight and I-I won't mind *hiccup* trying something..." Ariana admitted making a smile appear on Dalton's face. He knew that Ariana was drunk, but at the same time she sounded so serious. But was she just doing this because he saved her? Or was it because she actually loved him? Nonetheless it made him very happy. Plus, drunk confessions are usually the truth.

"We'll talk more about this when you're sober. Let's get you home-"

"I-I wanna come home with you..." Ariana whined. Dalton didn't say anything, he just smiled and put Ariana in his car. "I guess that's alright. But no funny business, okay?" Dalton said while buckling up Ariana. Ariana nodded with her eyes closed. She was already super tired. All she wanted was some sleep.

———

It was late at night. Elsie had just come back from a date with her new boyfriend and she decided to take a bath after she dismissed the babysitter.

With a glass of wine in her hand and a happy sigh, she slowly sunk down in the bath. Not all the way, just up to the neck. She reached to her side table and grabbed her remote. She turned the tv on and began watching her favorite show 'I love Lucy'. She was so intrigued in the show that she didn't hear her daughter coming into the bathroom until Briar dipped her hand in the water.

"Oh! Briar, you scared me! What are you doing awake, Bunny? Do you wanna get in the bath with mama?" Elsie asked but jumped back a little when she saw Briar's eyes completely black. "Alright, let's not get a little too excited. Mama is gonna get out the bath and we can get ready to bed. We can even wear matching pyjamas, yeah?" By now Elsie's heart was racing. Briar was in a different state of mind. She could do anything that promoted violence and Elsie didn't want to be killed by her daughter.

"No!" Briar yelled and pushed down the tv. Elsie quickly jumped out of the bath and went over to Briar before Briar could jump into the bathtub. She knew Briar's demons all too well. She knew that they would try and kill her without her knowing.

She quickly engulfed Briar in a hug and Briar's demons were gone in less than a second. Elsie pulled away from the hug and picked Briar up since she was still asleep. She brought Briar to her bed and kissed her Goodnight. She then left Briar's room only to bump into her ex boyfriend, Daniel.

"Daniel. What are you doing here?" Daniel didn't say anything. Instead, he pulled Elsie in by her waist and kissed her. They pulled away when air became a problem. Daniel rested his forehead on Elsie's and began to silently cry. Elsie put her hands on Daniels cheeks and wiped his tears away. "Baby, stop crying-"

"I hate being dead! I want to speak to my daughter! I want her to feel love from the both of us!!" Daniel cried out.

"Then invade her mind Daniel. You're dead now, use that as an advantage."

Daniels eyes widened in realization. Elsie was right. He was dead and also a demon and he could use that as an advantage. He knew that it was probably a bad idea, but he wanted to be close to his only daughter, and if this was the only way how.

Then you know damn well he was going to do it.