ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

Briar walked up to the woman who was laying on the bathroom floor, dead. She tried to shake Elsie awake, but to no avail. "Mama?" The young girl croaked out. She once again tried to shake her awake, but nothing happened. Briar began to sob. She sobbed and sobbed some more hoping her mom would hear her cries and wake up but she didn't. The worst thing a child could witness is finding their mother dead on the bathroom floor.

"It's alright, bubba. She's in a better place now." Daniel said from afar, a smile plastered on his face as he leaned on the door frame of the bathroom. Briar got up from her mother's side and ran into her fathers arms, sobbing into his leg since she was too small to sob anywhere else. Daniel ran his fingers through his daughters curly little afro and continued to look at Elsie's dead body. However, he did not care about the dead body on the floor.

For he was the demon who had killed Elsie.

———

"She will be going to the mental hospital and attending daily therapy lessons with our best therapist in town. It is best that she stays away from other patients, for she had committed a murder." The mayor announced making Elsie's sister, Millie cry even more into her cloth. "She's just a child! There's no way that Briar has committed such a crime!" Millie screamed out to the mayor only making him give her a mean glare.

"Don't you dare look at my wife like that. Let the girl stay with us. We will take good care of her." "I am afraid we cannot do that. That would be putting your life in danger. You and your wife. She will sleep at the bus center tonight and first thing in the morning, the bus will come and pick her up, bringing her to one of the best hospitals in the world. With that being said, I declare this meeting dismissed!"

Millie continued to cry into her husbands chest. "She's just a child, Charlie! An innocent, little child t-that can't control her demons!" Charlie ran his fingers through his wife's curly hair, "yes, I know darling. But we can always go and visit her, I'm pretty sure. We'll treat her like our own child, just from a distance, unfortunately." Millie nodded her head and slowly pulled away from Charlie. She then went up to her niece and bent down to her level, taking her small hand in hers.

"Me and uncle Charlie will try to get you back as much as we can, I promise Briar." She kissed Briar's forehead and let her lips linger for a bit before pulling away. "That was from mommy." Millie whispered.

———

"I often think that no one is listening to me when I speak or try to tell the truth about how I really feel. I'm a sensitive person. I lose one friend and I feel like I'm losing the whole world. I'm afraid to be alone. To have no friends, to have no family, to not have at least one person who's patting you on the back for every C you make in school? That shit sucks...

But people in this world are also very sensitive, they just don't like to admit it. Let's say, for example, that a person unfollows a bunch of people and the people unfollow them back. That's showing a sign of sensitivity. It may not be a big sign on sensitivity, but it still is. You were hurt personally, obviously. You unfollowed the person who unfollowed you, but you just don't want them to know how you felt.

I guess you can say I take a lot of things personal. If someone tells me I'm annoying, I'm going to try and change myself by talking less which isn't a good idea because if you talk less, you get so use to not speaking up which causes depression. If someone tells me that I'm not worthy of anyone, I'm obviously going to cry and then try to change myself. No matter what an individual says to you that makes you feel like shit, you're going to end up changing yourself.