ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

"She was in room 223 but after the incident she moved to a more secure room that would keep her isolated from all of the rest, so sorry about the long walk. And are you sure you want to do this? She's a little more powerful than what she was as a child I-"

"Just bring me to my niece. Trust me, I am perfectly aware of what I will be getting myself into." Millie told the nurse that was taking her to Briar's room. No matter how much the nurse tried to talk Millie out of it, Millie always came back. A bunch of years ago, Millie was scared to go see Briar, but now she's prepared. The nurse sighed knowing that it was time for her to give up on trying to convince Millie. She was a tough egg to crack.

The nurse took out her keys as they approached Briar's room. She looked out the window to see if Briar was sleeping or not and luckily she wasn't. Before she completely turned the key, she looked at Millie. "Whatever you do, stay woke with her. If you go to sleep, you may never wake up again." Millie rolled her eyes but nodded her head telling the nurse that she understood. The nurse then opened the door and let Millie in. She pulled a key out of her pocket and gave it to Millie. "Use this key to get out. Once you're out, you can never come back in." The nurse exclaimed. Millie nodded, slightly annoyed by the nurse and just wanting her to leave already. The nurse gave her the key then left.

Millie turned around and saw Briar sitting on the floor coloring in her notebook. She took a deep breath before walking up to Briar and squatting down, however, Briar payed no attention to her. She was too focused on her drawing to acknowledge the woman. Millie sighed from the lack of attention she was getting from her niece and took the notebook from her. She looked at the picture and grimaced.

"Now, Briar. This is much too inappropriate. A young girl like you shouldn't be drawing these monstrous things. They would rot your mind." Millie exclaimed before closing the notebook and throwing it somewhere. "Now come talk to your Aunty. I spent lots of money flying down here and coming to see you." Briar looked up at Millie and all Millie could do is 'awe'. The girls baby face never changed. It still looked soft and cute. She looked like a taller version of her toddler self.

Millie sat on her knees and held Briar's face in her hands. "Oh, your mother would absolutely love to see you now. Her little baby girl didn't grow up like she expected." Millie whispered with tears in your eyes which she quickly wiped away, "my do you look so much like your mother. It's making me quite emotional." Millie chuckled. Briar looked at Millie in confusion. "Whats wrong?" Millie asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion just like Briar's.

"M-Mommy?" Briar asked confused. Millie slightly gasped but shook her head knowing she did look a lot like her sister. "No, baby. I'm your aunt. Aunt Millie, don't you remember? I brought you cookies every time I came over to you and mommy's house." Millie exclaimed to her niece. Briar looked down with tears in her eyes, "I-I miss mommy..." she whispered, her voice cracking. Millie looked down and let a small sob, "I-I do too, baby girl. I miss her so so much," Millie wrapped her arms around Briar and engulfed her in a hug. "But you have so much of your mother in you, it's just hidden beneath those demons." Millie whispered while playing with Briar's short curly hair.

The door once again opened revealing Ariana. Millie turned around and arched her eyebrows once she saw the Italian, wondering what she was doing here.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" The two asked at the same time. Ariana let out a short giggle before reaching out her hand for Millie to shake, "I'm Ariana Grande-Butera, Briar's nurse, and you?"

"Millie Dunningham, Briar's aunt. And how are you her nurse? I thought the other nurse said that Briar was too dangerous to have any private nurses. She said she was isolated from the rest because she of how dangerous she is." Ariana sighed, "that's what they want you to believe. She's actually not that dangerous. Isn't that right, Briar?" Briar looked up from Millie's neck and looked at Ariana, a smile overcoming her face. She got up and leaped into Ariana's arms. Ariana smiled and hugged Briar back. "Hi bunny!" Ariana exclaimed happily making Millie's eyes widen.

"You're not allowed to call her that. That was her mother's nickname for her. All of those memories will come flooding back like a tsunami." Millie said, suddenly getting very defensive. "Those memories never left. Calling her nicknames that Elsie once called her will calm her down. Her demons really had a thing for Elsie so it will help her demons as well."

"Shut up, no it won't! Briar's demons are the ones that killed Elsie! Why would they kill her if they loved her so very much?!" Millie said and to her surprise, Ariana was keeping her calm demeanor. "Well I guess there was a bad apple in the tree." Ariana said calmly, "now if you excuse us, Briar has a special breakfast waiting for her." Briar looked up at Ariana with excitement filled eyes. "Go sit down, bunny. I'll be right back with your pancakes." Briar nodded and sat down at her desk where BonBon was hanging out. She petted BonBon's shell as Ariana went to go get the pancakes.

Both Ariana and Millie already hated each other. Ariana hated people getting in the way of her and her patient and Millie hated the fact that Ariana was playing the part as Briar's mother.

Both of them secretly wanted to sabotage each other already, but they couldn't, then both of them would end up at the hospital.