ғᴏᴜʀ

Ariana was on her way to see Briar when someone pulled her into a janitors office. Ariana gasped as the door closed behind her and the light turned on revealing a nurse that Ariana has never seen before. Her eyes furrowed in confusion, "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

The nurse quickly shook her head, "no, but Briar is having a breakdown and I know that you are her therapist. I wouldn't go in there and interfere with her if I were you."

"Exactly, you aren't me. Please let me go, I need to calm down my patient." The nurse hesitantly let go of Ariana's arm. Ariana opened the door to the janitors closet and started her walk back down to Briar's room.

When she arrived, she saw that a bunch of people were outside of Ariana's door, watching Briar have her mental breakdown. Ariana angrily groaned.

"Excuse me, but will you stop watching my patient throw a fit? It's making her more angry and embarrassed. I recommend you leave." Everyone look towards Ariana and met her intimidating glance. They quickly scurried away and continued to do their work.

Once everyone was gone, Ariana used the key to open Briar's cell door. As soon as she opened the door, a piece of paper was roughly thrown her way, cutting through her eyebrow and making it bleed. Ariana winced but quickly sucked it up, knowing that if she acted weak in front of Briar, Briar will only take the opportunity to make her weaker.

"That is enough, Briar." Ariana deadpanned, however, Briar didn't stop.

"Briar Florencia Rose Channing. I said that is enough." Briar immediately stopped and everything dropped to the ground. Briar hasn't heard her full name since her aunt took her in. It was... kind of terrifying.

"Now, I want you to clean this up and then I will come and greet you with breakfast. I brought you something special and better than the breakfast they serve here. But you have to clean up first, okay?" Briar nodded and started to clean up. Ariana unlocked the door and walked out of the cell.

She locked it again, but this time she ran into someone. She quickly turned around and saw Pete making her roll her eyes and cross her arms. "What do you want, Davidson?" Ariana asked, her eyebrow raised and her mouth in a straight line.

"I want to say sorry for what happened the other day. I didn't mean to call you a slut. I was just mad."

"Because you couldn't get your hands on a patient? Because you were sexually frustrated? Because you want to fuck a mentally ill person? Bullshit, Pete. You should go get checked." Ariana clarified making Pete sigh and look down. "I'm really sorry... I was just-"

"Shut up, Pete! I don't care!! Now if you excuse me, I have chocolate pancakes waiting for my patient inside of the kitchen." Ariana walked off leaving Pete standing there alone.

Ariana entered the kitchen. Courtney, Matt and some other guy were all talking with each other. Ariana went to the fridge and got out Briar's pancakes. She made sure they were still in perfect condition before putting it in the microwave.

"Oh! Ariana, I believe you haven't met Dalton yet." Ariana walked over to Courtney, Matt and the new guy, Dalton. Dalton stuck his hand out for Ariana to shake. Ariana shook it with a smile. "Ariana... Grande."

"Dalton Gomez. It's nice to meet you." Ariana slowly took her hand away from Dalton's, "nice to meet you as well." And as if on cue, the microwave starting beeping notifying that the pancakes were done cooking. Ariana excused herself and got the pancakes before leaving to go to Briar's room.

She opened the door and the room was surely clean. She closed the door behind her and put the pancakes on the table. Briar was practically drooling. She went to go get the pancakes but Ariana stopped her. "In order to eat the pancakes," she grabbed the chair that was sitting in the corner of the room and put it to the table, "you have to eat at the table."

Briar we whined and shook her head.

"I know you don't like sitting at the table, but you need to learn how to eat like a human. Not a dog."

Briar slowly walked to the table and sat down on the chair. She felt so uncomfortable. She hated the fact that something was supporting her. She hated the wood, the design; everything.

"Well? What are you waiting for? They're chocolate chip."

At the sound of chocolate, Briar began to eat the pancakes. Ariana was a little upset that she didn't use the fork, but they will work on that later.