𝟷・𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎

"Kim Eunae!" 

Eunae shot up straight, eyes wide open, hair all over the place. 

She looked at the silver wrist-watch on her left wrist, realizing the time. 

"Shit!" She cursed, standing up straight, sending the chair she was sitting on flying back. 

"Oh no" Eunae groaned to herself, quickly grabbing her chef hat and apron before rushing out. 

"Kim Eunae! Where is she!" 

Eunae once again heard her boss's voice booming all over the place and she quickly quickened her pace. She had only meant to get a quick ten minutes nap but little did she know that the nap was going to be extended to well over thirty minutes. 

As soon as Eunae entered the main room of the staff quarters, she saw the rest of her co workers all lined up, wearing their white chef uniforms with their chef hats neatly placed on their heads. 

"Sir! I'm here," Eunae said frantically, grabbing everyone's attention in the room. 

They all turned to look at her, including Mr. Jung, the head chef of the restaurant Eunae currently works in. 

Without saying another word, Eunae ran to the end of the line and stood in her place. She tried to keep her head high and her heart calm as she saw Mr.Jung approach her. 

He stood in front of her, his hands behind him and for a very brief moment she thought that Mr.Jung was going to let her off lightly. 

But boy was she wrong. 

"Where were you?" Mr. Jung said slowly and dangerously, his voice low and Eunae could literally feel the anger in his voice.

"I. . .I-I'm sorry sir," Eunae said, knowing that she has no excuse to walk herself out of this. 

"I said where were you!" Mr. Jung, the volume of his voice slowly increasing. 

"In the changing room Sir," Eunae said, avoiding her supervisor's eyes and looking straight at the wall instead.

"And what were you doing there?" Mr. Jung asked. 

"I was sleeping sir," Eunae answered confidently. 

"And is that a thing to be proud of?" Mr. Jung asked. 

Eunae looked at him, confused by his question before saying, "no sir."

"Then why are you looking so proud of yourself!" Mr. Jung yelled at her. 

Eunae winced at the overbearing loudness of her boss's voice, as did the person standing next to her. She was tempted to touch her ears and cover them but held her self back. Instead, she apologized, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Mr. Jung demanded and Eunae paused, both physically and mentally. 

About a minute later and after some thinking Eunae finally said, "for being late I guess."

However seeing Mr.Jung's face getting darker, she immediately restated herself, "For being late. And sleeping during work. Definitely. I'm very sorry for being late sir."

Eunae bowed her head, as if that will show her sincerity. 

She heard Mr. Jung sigh and he rubbed his hand over his face. He looked tired and frustrated.

"Do you know what day is it today?"Mr.Jung demanded from her. 

Eunae paused and wondered, "Friday. . .sir." 

"NO YOU IDIOT! IT'S D-DAY!" Mr. Jung roared. 

Eunae physically flinched this time and she was sure everyone else in the room flinched as well. She could literally picture her sous chef's expression right now.