𝟷𝟺 ・ 𝚃𝚞𝚛𝚖𝚘𝚒𝚕

Drained. 

That's what Eunae felt right now. 

Drained of all energy. 

She lay on her bed to sleep but was instead lying with her eyes open and staring up at the ceiling. It must be past midnight by now and Eunae was exhausted, her body aching for sleep, but she couldn't. 

No, not after that interaction with Jeonghan. 

How could she ever sleep? 

Eunae cried when she reached home. She began to cry as she took off her shoes, cried as she pulled out her pajamas and cried as she took a shower, making sure to not wet her newly treated hair. 

Eunae wasn't sure why she cried. 

It wasn't like she was going through a breakup or that her heart has been broken. But then why did it feel like it? 

Why did that conversation with Jeonghan left her feeling so empty? So broken? 

Eunae wasn't sure anymore. 

Maybe it had to do with the fact how broken and disappointed Jeonghan had looked when she indirectly told him her answer. Or maybe it had to do with the fact that Jeonghan had a very serious relationship before and probability of Eunae being just a rebound was very high. 

Eunae knows she shouldn't assume things, not before talking to Jeonghan but she can't just walk up to him and ask, 'Hey am I your rebound?'

No, she definitely cannot do that. 

It will just makes things even more awkward and strained. 

Eunae kicked off her blanket as she tossed around in her bed, unable to sleep. She suddenly felt frustrated and angry. She didn't understand why Jeonghan confessed out of no where. The two were perfectly fine being friends, in fact things were better than they had been years. 

Eunae gained her best friend back in the process and she actually began to look forward for the night to come, because she knew Jeonghan will be waiting for her to eat dinner. It was so easy to reconcile with him because Eunae has spent majority of her childhood with Jeonghan. 

His confession just ruined everything. 

Why couldn't he just pretended he doesn't like Eunae, and the two would still be on friendly terms right now. 

Jeonghan's confession really just jumbled up her brain and now she couldn't think straight. 

Why is life so complicated? 

Eunae wished she could just travel back to when she was a young child. Life was just so much easier back then, without all of these complications and possibilities. 

Somehow Eunae managed to drift to sleep, dreaming of a certain blonde who continued to haunt her in her sleep too. 

.

.

.

.

"You look really tired unnie," Naeun said as she sat across from Eunae, who glided Nauen's coffee across the table. 

"Couldn't sleep much," Eunae said, "You look more tired than me."

"Last night was so rough," Naeun sighed as she buried her head in her arms on the table, "We had so many emergency patients."

"Why are you always on the nigh shift?" Eunae asked, frowning as she recalled always talking to her sister when she was on the night shift. 

 "I have the night shift for one week every month. Everyone does. But I covered for my colleague last night. He'll cover for me when I need it in exchange. Kind of regret it though," Naeun said.