Chapter 6

Jin's POV

There is a part of me that connects with the pink flower alone in the corner of the field.

All alone. Under the shade of a tree. Wilting. Withering.

But unlike the flower, I am determined to stay strong.

I was weak once. That small moment had made me realise what a fool I was to try to cut the strings of my life. To leave before any of my dreams had even been fulfilled.

When my eyes had been drooping and my mind felt light, when blood had been starting to drain out of me- I had thought of the things that mattered.

And they were few. Very few.

But they were still there.

There was Jimin with his caring eyes and soft words. His persistence. His worry.

There was Areum Noona. She was no longer in my life but she must be somewhere out there. And she always wanted me to be happy. For my wishes to come true.

There were my dreams. To design clothes. To make my own name.

And then there was one boy. Boxy smile and snarky attitude. The first person that made my heart jump in its place. And it was a feeling that stayed.

And I am sure it will continue to stay.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

PE class soon ended and instead of hitting the locker room like most of the others, I decide to go change in the washroom. I feel more comfortable there.

The heat was sweltering today and yet we had to do three rounds. Torture. That's another name for school and sports classes.

I was still angry at one particular person for thinking that I was stalking him.

I hate people who were quick to make assumptions. But somehow, my heart never could hate this guy.

My feet pad over the ground, trying to reach the washroom quickly with my gym bag in hand when a teacher calls my name.

"Jin!" I look back to see Miss Taeyon- the art teacher- calling my name with an art file in hand.

She was one of the nice teachers. The kind that knew everyone's names and wasn't the one to sport a grumpy face like it was something that was cool.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Dear, can you please hand this file to Kim Taehyung? He is in your class, I guess. Please tell him to check my remarks and meet me whenever he is free. Kindly give this to him as soon as possible". She says, holding out the notebook.

"Ma'am, I-".

"Please, Jin? I have a meeting right now so I have to hurry up". Miss Taeyon says with a pleading look.

I sigh. She was a good teacher and I couldn't say no to her. "Okay, ma'am". I say and take the art file from her hands. "I will give it to Taehyung".

"Thank you Jin! Please give it soon. Goodbye, have a good day". The teacher beams at me and rushes off.

Great. Now what am I supposed to do?

I am standing on the edge of the school field with the art file of the person I like, wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt. Just great.

Where will I be able to find Taehyung? I remember that most people will probably be in the locker room right now so I make my way towards it.

I take hold of a meek looking guy in the front of the room who is trying desperately to pull of his shirt but it's stuck towards the back of his head due to sweat.