Chapter 15

Jin

The first thing that Jin did once Jimin got inside the car was scream.

Jimin screamed back.

It was like an act between the two best friends which signalled that something good had happened to one of them.

It was usually Jimin who always screamed first as good things mostly happened to him and not Jin. Which explained the happy yet surprised look on Jimin's face at Jin's sudden scream.

Before either could speak, Jin gave a narrowed look towards the front and James, who was driving them to school, sighed and raised the partition between the driver's seat and the backseat of the limo to ensure privacy.

Making sure that James won't hear anything, Jimin held Jin's hands and grinned at him with raised eyebrows. "Tell me, tell me, tell me! What happened? You haven't screamed since forever, the last time being when you got into that art workshop".

Jin let a small smile get formed on his glowing face. He didn't know whether he should be this joyful or not- he felt like a schoolgirl, being so happy about a small thing. But truth be told, Jin couldn't be happier. "I....talked to Taehyung".

As expected of a good best friend, Jimin smacked Jin's arm teasingly. "Don't tell me. Again? Where? When?"

Lowering his voice, Jin said- "Promise to not tell anyone about this, okay?"

Jimin nods, face turning a bit serious.

"So, the day you went out with your family, I had gone to your aunt's shop to buy some materials for my jeans when I met Taehyung-".

"Inside Aunt Park's shop?!" Jimin interrupted, eyes confused.

Jin nodded. "Yes, inside the shop. He was working there. And you know, that would be normal except-".

"Wait, I don't think I heard it correctly. Did you say Kim Taehyung- like, the person you have a major crush on, was working in my aunt's store? What for? Isn't he the guy who has a private jet and goes for Hawaiian vacations?"

Trying not to shout at the other for interrupting him, Jin says- "Yeah, that Kim Taehyung. Also, he isn't just a major crush, I genuinely like him a lot". This gets a knowing nod from Jimin. "And about why he is working....well, turns out that he isn't that rich".

Jin regrets speaking about it now. Does talking with his best friend about Taehyung's financial status be considered as gossip? If so, Jin doesn't want to continue further. The only reason he is telling this to Jimin is because he shares everything with his shorter best friend. 

It was only expected that he would tell him this too. Jin had even asked for Taehyung's permission.

"Does that mean he is a liar?"

Jin purses his lips, not knowing what to say. He doesn't want to be a hypocrite- Taehyung was  a liar and Jin couldn't deny that fact just because he liked him. "Well, yes. He did lie. But I don't think his financial status is good at all....I think it's serious. He is desperate enough to work at your Aunt's shop which has never had a staff worker in the three years it's open. But that is not why I am telling this to you".

Jimin understands that Jin doesn't want to speak further about this topic, so he hums and leans back on the seat- knowing that whatever Jin will say next is what made his best friend scream happily.

"I will be dropping Taehyung to work everyday, starting from today!" Jin gushes out, beaming.

A small smile automatically comes on Jimin's face but he internally feels strange. "That is great, Jinnie. I mean, wow. A few days before you both had never even come across each other and all of a sudden you are dropping Taehyung to work. That's like, boyfriend culture". Jimin teases, pushing down the strange feeling for later- for know, he is going to share Jin's happiness.