Chapter 13

Taehyung

This is exactly the type of thing that Taehyung had been trying to avoid. Of someone pitying him just because he didn't have enough money.

On top of that, it was Kim Seokjin. The second most popular guy of school right after him.

If Jin decided to tell a single person, the news would spread like fire and the life Taehyung had so perfectly crafted just so people could like him would all be ruined in a flash.

"Where should I drop you?" Jin's soft voice breaks Taehyung's thoughts and he looks at Jin who is staring at him with his honey brown eyes.

In the front, the driver looks anything but interested in whatever is going on behind- his face is blank and professional- Taehyung must admit that the driver was kind of scary.

"The departmental store you had dropped me at before". Taehyung replies, making Jin raise his eyebrows.

Jin doesn't say anything then after a minute, he says- "Taehyung....I don't know... whatever your condition is like. But I promise you I won't judge. You must be tired from the work you did today- I can just drop you in front of your home so that you won't have to walk".

Taehyung doesn't understand why Jin is being like this towards him.

Was this some sort of game the other was playing before he decided to spread gossip?

If Taehyung were Jin and he got to know that the things the most popular boy used to talk about were nothing but lies, he wouldn't have hesitated to spread it.

"No, I want you to drop me in front of the store only".

Jin nods and sighs and repeats the instruction to the driver in front. He then seems like he wants to say something more- perhaps start a conversation, but he takes out his phone.

Taehyung looks at the other's side profile, something he hadn't bothered to look at in the last car ride.

It's beautiful of course, but there is something about the other's face- his eyes.... something hesitating. It seems like Jin has been deprived of something. His face has the kind of melancholy that Taehyung sees in paintings- a kind of emotion Taehyung can't point out yet.

Then he thinks, why should he care?

Who is Jin to him? Jin is just like any other person out there in his school... just more famous, pretty and rich.

The only other thing that set Jin apart from the others was that now he knew Taehyung's secret.

Folding his ego down for a little bit, Taehyung finally decides to ask Jin- "Are you going to tell anyone about my... financial condition?"

Jin looks up from his phone with a cute little scrunch on his forehead. He seems like he is thinking of his answer. "I wasn't planning to. Why should I? You don't want me to, I won't. It's upto you. Of course what I actually think about you hiding your actual self....is different. Your life...should be none of my business". He then pauses and then looks at Taehyung as if he is about to ask for permission. "Do you mind if I tell it to my best friend? I swear, Jimin can keep secrets! He only blabbers to me, otherwise he is loyal".

Okay, there it goes.

The best friend code.

Now, if it were Taehyung, he would have probably told Yoongi too- any new information or gossip goes to his best friend first before anything else.

But as much as Taehyung wants to say no, he knows that Jin is already doing him a kind of favour.

So, he nods his head. "You can. But, tell him not to spread it".