Chapter 20. Freedom

Willow's POV

"Father! Dad!" I called out around the house.

I was frantically searching for them and calling their names to see if they can hear me and shout where they're at. There was no luck. I became afraid that they were gone, but kept being positive that eventually I'll find my parents. The only place I haven't searched at was the garden. I moved to the back of the house and continued calling out for my dads. I don't have much time left on my hands. Boscha is out there fighting for her life to protect us. I need to hurry.

'Hold on a little longer Boscha.'

I jogged around the garden to see if I can find a clue of where my dads are at. I was all the way at the back of the garden when I felt the ground sink in a little bit underneath my foot. Not only that but the dirt looked new and wet than the rest of the dirt surrounding me. It was suspicious and alarming to me so I chose to investigate the matter. I used my plant magic to bring me underground. Once it trapped me inside securely, I was brought down underneath the dirt to a small hole that could fit a couple of people. And there in front of me were my dads.

"Who's there?" my father asked with anger.

"Father, it's Willow," I answered.

My parents were tied up to a chair with chains wrapped around their hand so they couldn't use magic. They both had a brown sack over their heads to prevent them from seeing the area they were at.

"Willow? Are you okay? What's going on? Where are we?" my dad panicked.

"I'm okay and we're underground. Boscha's dad is here and he must've knocked you both unconscious while Boscha and I were sleeping," I used fire magic to burn off the rope that tied my dad's feet.

I took the sack off of their heads and used ice magic to freeze and break the chain that was covering my parent's hands. After they were set free, I hugged them tightly as if they were going to leave me.

"Thank titan that you're both okay," I felt my tears spill out of my eyes.

"We're glad you're okay too darling," my father said.

"As much as I don't want this moment to be over, we need to help Boscha right now. She's out there fighting her own father by herself. We need to help her out."

"Right. Take us up and lead the way to her."

"Got it," I had the flower cage us inside as it rose outside to the garden and opened up.

I ran to where Boscha was at while my dads were trailing behind me.

'Please be okay.'

----------------------------------

Boscha's POV

"Blue fire magic," fire shot out of my hands so I can hit my target.

My father used the staff that I built to store my magic power to block the fire. I tried aiming every part of his body, but he managed to defend my attack. I grew exhausted from all the magic and strength I was using. And here is my dad who took a bit of damage but still has magic left in him. I'm not sure how long I can last against this monster. All I know is that I still have some fight left in me. There's no way I'm allowing myself to give up and tire out so quickly. I need to keep going.

"I underestimated you daughter. I'm surprised you're still alive and made it this far against me. Sadly, I'm getting tired and bored of us going back and forth in our fight. I still have magic left in me and I might as well unleash all of it at once in one final attack. It's time to say goodbye Boscha, because this will be the last time you'll ever see this realm in person," wings sprouted from my father's back and flew up higher than Willow's house.