The Wolf Rests With the Diamond and the Duck

"Wait one fucking second!" Donald realized. "Dia said she wanted Wolf to stay to help with a school project! Why are they watching movies and eating snacks in the living room!?"

"They're getting inspiration for their picture book idea," Kingsley claimed. "I know you're thinking they're gonna make out or something, but they won't. Donald, I understand that you are very protective of our sister. I am too, but we can't always be by her side one hundred percent of the time. We have to let Diamond experience the world, including friendships, at her own pace, but if she ever needs us, we'll step in,"

"How can you be so calm, Kingsley?" Donald asked. 

"I do love our sister, Donald," Kingsley answered. "But I do know that she needs her own space too. Being too overprotective will only result in her drifting away from us,"

"I don't want her to ever get hurt again," Donald sighed. "Evan tricked her. He gained her trust and then took her away from us. For weeks she was missing. For weeks she suffered in that hellhole. It was all because of Evan," He let out another sigh. "At least I know Wolf isn't really into manipulating. He acts on instincts and is impulsive,"

"Remember, if Wolf hurts Diamond..." Kingsley pointed at the machete hanging on the wall. 

"...Is it even legal for you to own a machete?"

"Since when did you care about legalities?"

XXX

While Diamond was watching the movie with Ducky sitting in between them, Wolf was more focused on Diamond herself. Her smile was bright, but Wolf had began to grow accustom to its shine at this point. Her laughter was music to his ears and he couldn't help but smile in response.

Eventually, Diamond grew sleepy and leaned against Wolf's shoulder. "Wolfie?"

"Yeah?"

"You're a real friend, right?" She asked sleepily. 

Wolf didn't immediately answer. He couldn't immediately answer. 'Am I really her friend? I never intended to remain as her friend. I only decided to hang around her so that I'd eventually grow tired of her and get her out of my mind. If I say no and make her cry, Donald and Kingsley will beat me up,'

'I'll admit that I don't hate Diamond Na's presence. At first, I found the brightness of her smile to be a pain in the ass. Now, it's a bit comforting and warm. I don't want to beat her up (not that I would now since I don't want to die) and instead want to protect her. But I'm Wolf Keum. I don't need friends. I never had friends. But...'

Wolf wrapped an arm around Diamond. 'There are many things that I have that I do not need. I don't need designer brands, yet I have them. I don't need friends, but I guess having Diamond as an actual friend can't hurt,' "Yeah,"

"You won't betray me? You're not like Evan, right?"

"Who's Evan?"

Diamond began to tremble. Ducky patted his mom's back and snuggled closer. "Birk..." He turned toward's Wolf with a sad expression. "Birk, birk..."

"You don't have to answer that," Wolf wrapped his other arm around Diamond and brought her and Ducky into a hug. 

Rage boiled inside of Wolf. 'This Evan guy betrayed her. 

"Hey guys, this one's pretty girlish," The thud holding the knife said. "Think we can sell him to a brothel? Pretty sure he looks enough like a girl to pass off as one,"

"I won't go back!" Diamond screamed as she began to strangle the unconscious man. "I won't go back! I won't go back!"

'Was he the fucker who sold her to a brothel?' Wolf tightened his hug. "I won't let anyone hurt you,"

Wolf may not know much about friendships, but he would protect Diamond.

XXX

All three of them had fallen asleep. Wolf woke up in the middle of the night and carefully left to use the bathroom. He saw that Donald's light was still on in his office and knocked on his door. When Donald told him to enter, the blonde teen looked up from his documents. "What?"

"Who's Evan?"

Donald's expression became colder and darker. "Where did you hear that name?"

Wolf flinched at Donald's tone. "Diamond asked me if I would betray her like Evan and I said no,"

"You don't need to know about him," Donald said.

"Was he the fucker that sold Diamond to a brothel?"

Donald lunged forward, grabbed Wolf by his neck, and slammed him against the wall. "Don't bring up any of her bad memories. Don't mention that name around her,"

"Why don't you hunt that fucker down then?" Wolf demanded. "He hurt Diamond so he should—"

"Die?" Donald walked back over to his desk and tidied up his documents. "Wolf Keum, when you or any other person say you'll kill someone, you only mean beating them into unconsciousness or at worst, permanently crippling them. When I say I'm going to kill someone..." He met Wolf's gaze. "It's not a false threat if they harmed my family,"

Wolf stared at Donald with horror. "You..." 'You actually killed someone!?'

"Don't bother trying to turn me into the police," Donald said casually. "Kingsley and I cleaned the scene of any evidence of our presence. Besides, it's already been about a year,"

"Donald, what's with all the noise?" Kingsley, who was dressed in his pajamas, entered the office. 

"Just telling Wolf that we actually murdered Evan," Donald told him. "And if he hurts my sister, he'll end up six feet underground too,"

Wolf looked between Donald and Kingsley. 'I knew Donald Na was merciless in a fight, but they actually killed someone! I didn't think much of Kingsley Kwan since he just seemed to be a secretary, but he willingly helped Donald with murdering someone!'

Wolf returned to the living room and his face softened a bit when he saw Diamond and Ducky were still sleeping. 'Those two really do care about Diamond and are even willing to kill anyone who harms her. It must be nice having someone care about you,'

Yeah...Donald and Kingsley are murderers. They didn't only kill Evan, but they killed Evan's friends who participated in the atrocities.