The Dragon Gets Into a Fight

"Hey Hwangmo," Drake asked. "Do you know what's bothering Wolfie?"

"Someone stole something of his," Hwangmo answered. "A black Plata bag with GOLD engraved in the side,"

"If someone stole it, we should go to the police," Drake suggested.

"No!" Hwangmo told him. "Drake, do not call the police! Wolf doesn't want the police involved. Look, don't worry about it. Wolf told you that he can handle his problems on his own, right?"

"Yeah..."

"So don't worry about it," Hwangmo said. "It doesn't concern you,"

XXX

Drake stood in the lobby of Hero Cram School. He nervously looked around while fidgeting with the notebook in his hands. Lily had forgotten her notebook after showing Drake some of her sketches that she had drawn in her notebook. Drake ran over to Hero Cram School, but once he got inside...he realized that he didn't know which class Lily was in. He had tried calling Lily, but she had already turned off her cell phone.

'Classes don't start for about half an hour, so she must be in a classroom studying already,' Drake thought. 'I wouldn't be disturbing any classes if I look into each classroom and there probably isn't too many people here yet,'

He took a deep breath and went upstairs. He checked each classroom he came across but didn't find Lily. He stopped at Class C and saw a girl with dark purple hair and dark eyes. She was sitting in front of another student's backpack and took out a boxcutter.

'She's trying to destroy someone else's backpack!' Drake thought. "Hey!"

Julia turned to face Drake. "What?"

Drake flinched. 'She has a weapon. She could hurt me,' He thought back to how he had been too afraid to speak up when those high schoolers were hurting the mama dog and her puppies. If he had spoken up earlier instead of waiting for Wolf to do so...the mama dog and the rest of her puppies could've been saved. He thought back to how he was always afraid. He was tired of being afraid. 

"You shouldn't d-destroy other people's belongings!" Drake spoke up.

"What are you gonna do about it?" Julia mocked. 'This guy's terrified. What a wimp,'

Drake's eyes landed on the black bag and he became angry. "That's Wolfie's bag, you thief!"

'Shit. This guy's going to snitch on me,' Julia pointed the boxcutter at Drake. 'Since he seems weak, I'll threaten him and scare him into keeping quiet,'

"G-Give me Wolfie's bag!" Drake stuttered. 

"No," Julia began to walk towards him.

'Stay back!' Drake took a step backwards. 'I know how to fight. I'm not weak. I was able to fight back against those jerks at the arcade,' "Give me Wolf's bag!"

Julia hadn't intended to actually cut him and only swung the boxcutter to try to intimidate him, but when Drake reached to grab the boxcutter to disarm her, Julia ended up cutting Drake's shoulder.

'Ouch!' Drake winced and kneed Julia in the stomach. 

"You bastard!" Julia pulled at Drake's hair.

"Let go!" Drake shoved Julia into the desks. 'It hurts but I've suffered worse,'

The two fought, tugging at each other's hair, punching, slapping, kicking...Julia swung the boxcutter a couple more times and ended up cutting Drake's arms. 

"Just take the fucking bag!" Julia managed to kick Drake away and fled. 'I'm not getting paid enough to deal with this shit!'

Rowan Im entered the room and saw Drake on the floor. "Hey, are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Drake got up. "Is...Is that yours?" He pointed at the grey Zzansport backpack.

"Yeah..." Rowan noticed it was empty and all of his stuff was on his desk. "Huh? What—"

"That girl earlier..." Drake walked over to the GOLD bag and picked it up. "She...She was trying to cut it up," Without saying anything else, he left Class C and headed to the exit, only to end up bumping into Lily on the way.

"Drake?" Lily gasped when she saw his wounds. "What happened!?"

"It's nothing," Drake handed Lily her notebook before rushing to leave.

Once he was outside, he dove into an alley and slumped against the brick wall. His entire body was trembling from a combination of fear and adrenaline. 'I'm okay...' He leaned his head against his knees and covered his ears with his hands. 'I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay...' He silently began to cry. 'I have to be okay...I don't want to be a burden...I can't bother others with my tears...'

"I have to be strong..." He whispered to himself. "I need to be able to protect myself...I need to be able to stand on my own..." 'I don't want to be the one always being helped. I want to be the one to help others too. Everyone always worries about me. Everyone is always so protective of me. Right now...I'm just a burden,'

'But...I'm making progress,' He glanced at the bag. 'I helped Wolfie. I got his bag back for him. I should hurry back to Ganghak before he leaves. He should still be up on the roof,'

XXX

Drake caught up to Wolf just as he was leaving. "Wolfie!"

"Drake?" Wolf turned to face him and his expression immediately darkened when he saw Drake's injuries. "What the fuck happened!? Who did this to you!?"

"I got your bag back," Drake held up the Plata bag. "Some girl had it. I'm not sure what happened to your things inside. It was empty when I found it,"

"The bag's not important right now," Wolf said. "Who did this to you?"

"I-It's fine," Drake claimed. "I'm fine, Wolfie. Don't worry about it,"

"My house is nearby," Wolf said. "Let's treat your wounds there,"

It was a quick walk to Wolf's house. Wolf cleaned up and patched up Diamond's wounds just like he had done before. He offered some painkillers but Diamond declined.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Wolf asked.

"My friend Lily had forgotten her notebook so I went to her cram school to give it back to her," Diamond explained. "I saw a girl with the bag Hwangmo told me you were looking for. It also looked like she was trying to cut up another student's backpack and since your bag was empty, I think she was trying to give him the bag to frame him. I got into a fight with the girl but I got your bag back,"

"Don't ever put yourself in danger like that again,"

"Huh? But I'm fine, Wolfie," Diamond said. "I got your bag back too,"

"I would've gotten my bag back sooner or later," Wolf told her. "I hate seeing you hurt. Getting the bag back was my responsibility. If anything, you should've just called me instead of getting into a fight," He gently rubbed along the bandage on Diamond's shoulder. "You were lucky that bitch didn't cut any major arteries or stabbed you. I care about you, Diamond,"

'Those words...' Diamond thought. 'They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside...'

Don't worry, Jared Sun will still get beaten up.