The Wolf and the Dragon are Partners

"Hi Wolfie," Drake happily greeted his friend upon arriving to class.

Wolf glanced up, but didn't greet back. 'He called me Wolfie again!'

Drake was not disheartened and was just glad that Wolf acknowledged his presence. He walked over to his desk as class started.

"Students, you will be partnering up for the rest of the semester," The teacher announced. You both will work together to create a short picture book that is due a week before the end of the semester. The school administrators want to encourage cooperation and creativity. You have five minutes to move around and sit next to your partner,"

'The only person I know here is Wolfie,' Drake thought. 'But will Wolfie want to be my partner? He might want to choose someone else,'

Wolf plopped down in the seat next to Drake's. "My name is Wolf, not Wolfie,"

"Are...are we partners?" Drake asked.

"The teacher said to sit next to your partner," Wolf pointed out. 

"Now that you all have your partners," The teacher continued. "Briefly brainstorm some ideas. Afterwards, you'll have to work on the project during your own times since we have other things to work on,"

"Umm," Drake looked at Wolf. "W-What do you want the story to be about?"

"I could care less," Wolf rolled his eyes. 'This project's stupid. Cooperation? That'll only last in class when the teacher's present. Creativity? Bullshit. The education system is focused on logics and all that crap,'

"I...I don't know..." Drake fidgeted with his pencil. 'I want to suggest a wolf as the main character, but Wolfie might think that I'm making fun of his name,'

Wolf sighed. "Let's make a wolf and a dragon the main characters,"

Drake smiled. "Okay!"

Wolf whipped out some sunglasses and slid them on to shield his eyes from the brightness. 'How is it humanly possible for someone's smile to be this bright?'

Apparently no one else was bothered by the brightness or even seemed to notice it. "Wolf Keum, no sunglasses in class," The teacher scolded.

As much as Wolf wanted to bash the teacher's skull in for daring to order him around, he complied. Donald Na would go on about how Wolf was ruining the Union's image and all that shit. Wolf didn't care about the Union's image. All he cared about was the money he was gaining from the Union's activities.

"Now, we have a much more important matter to matter to worry about," The teacher dramatically paused. "Our class was chosen to put on a play for the upcoming school festival," 

"But teacher, we're all guys,"

"I tried telling the admin that," The teacher groaned. "But they wouldn't listen. Since Ganghak is an all-boys school, we'll randomly draw a role from this bag so no one can complain. This play will be part of your grade so unless you have a valid reason, you must participate,"

"What play are we putting on?" 

"Blizzard White and the Seven Gnomes," The teacher held up a bag. "Everyone, come up and grab a paper from this. The cast are Blizzard White, the Evil Queen, Prince Charming, the Huntsman, the Magic Mirror, and the Seven Gnomes. The rest will help will the lighting, costumes, props, and backgrounds. We'll also need a narrator,"

One by one, each student went up to the front of the classroom and pluck a folded peace of paper from the paper bag. Drake looked down at his slip of paper and bit his lip.

Prince Charming

'Ah! Why'd I have to get an acting role!? Why couldn't I be someone working on costumes? I love making clothes. I make costumes for Ducky all the time,' Drake internally sobbed. "Wolfie, what role did you get?"

Wolf didn't answer and instead had a pissed off expression. His eyes were bloodshot and he gritted his teeth. He balled up his hands into fists. The unfolded piece of paper was in front of him.

Blizzard White

'Wolfie doesn't seem happy about being Blizzard White either,' Drake slid his own paper over to Wolf and swapped it for Wolf's role. "I'll play Blizzard White and you can be Prince Charming,"

Wolf stared at Drake. "You do match Blizzard White since your skin is so pale and you look pretty girly,"

'That's because I am a girl!' Drake sweat-dropped. "I think you look like a Prince Charming,"

Wolf was taken aback. "What are you talking about?"'I'm not elegant like those fairy tale princes,'

"You're kind, handsome, smart, strong, and really cool!" Drake smiled once again. He didn't realize that he had spoken loud enough for the entire class to overhear.

Wolf could've sworn he was going to go blind from the sun-like smile. He felt a warm heat creep onto his face and he was sure that he was red from embarrassment, not anger. "I-I see..." 

The teacher was oblivious to the entire class' shock. The boys couldn't believe that someone had called called the Wolf Keum kind, handsome, smart, and cool. Strong, they could understand since he was a fierce predator that saw everyone else as easy prey to beat up. But to compliment him with all those other words? No one would dare to say those things!

But what was even more shocking was that Wolf Keum wasn't glaring or threatening the one who had said those things. No, Wolf Keum was blushing.

The teacher passed out scripts to the actors and narrator. He then had the people working on costumes, props, and background brainstorm some sketches for the designs. 

Drake began to sweat nervously as he flipped through the pages. 'How many scenes does Blizzard White have!?'

"Are you going to be alright?" Wolf asked. "Blizzard White is the main character. You'll be on stage most of the time. I can tell that you don't like it when people stare at you, but you're going to have an entire audience watching you during the play,"

"I'll..." Drake wanted to swap the role pf Blizzard White with someone else, but was afraid to ask someone. 'It's not like anyone would be willing to play the role of Blizzard White. Not even Wolfie wanted to be Blizzard White,' "I'll try my best,"

'He's extremely nervous, but determined,' Wolf observed. 'If he decides to back out, I'll force the teacher to pick someone else for the role. Screw the Union's reputation. I'll beat the shit out of that teacher if I have to,'

Ah yes, what can go wrong during a play?